Hi there,

Installed the latest Commerce Kickstart and the Storefront theme, which I find quite nice and complete.

I have found a small issue in theme settings; it is not possible to change the layout or fluid width to fixed width. No matter what, I get the error: "Standard layout max-width is empty - you forgot to enter a value for the max width!"

Is there any way it can be handcoded until at fix has been found?

Cheers,

Comments

Status:Active» Needs review

Let me know if this works: Change line 100 of the theme-settings.php from
'select[name="dlayout_page_unit"]' => array('selected' => 'selected', 'value' => '%'),
to
'select[name="dlayout_page_unit"]' => array('value' => '%'),

You should see the max-width value appear when % width is selected. This wasn't a required field, so I'm not sure if that will fix it for you or not. I haven't reproduced the error yet, but I think that might be the cause. Also be sure to clear your cache.

This was due to a validation issue. I had the "Set Max Width" option set to selected by default, and then issue above was because you couldn't see the max width field (which was probably empty).

Try the code above, I have already pushed this update to the dev version.

Now I see the Max Width field, but it still won't take (I've cleared the cache)

- C

Edit:
I'd change the code directly in theme-settings.php and cleared the cache. Didn't roll on the newer dev

I saw the field. It's populated with the default value of 1260 (px). No matter if I don't change a comma, or change it to, say, 960, I still receive same error: "Standard layout max-width is empty - you forgot to enter a value for the max width!"

I have also tried the latest dev. Same pattern. No change of any setting will take, as this error prevents changes from being saved.

Status:Needs review» Needs work

So you can't even un-check the "Set a Max Width" box? I'm having a hard time replicating this. I'm only getting that error when the "Set a Max Width" box is checked AND the "Max Width" field is empty.

You might try editing the .info file on line 68 to show "0" instead of "1", then clear cache and try again.
You might also try de-activating and removing the current storefront theme completely and then re-installing a fresh download to see if that helps.

If not, the last thing you might try is completely removing that validation, so remove lines 531-536 of the theme-settings.php file.

If none of that works, do you think you could send a snap-shot of your theme layout settings to me? Also maybe let me know which release of Kickstart you're using (1 or 2? which version?). Or anything else you can think of about your settings that you think might help (I'm trying to think of anything else I can test to replicate that error).

Thanks for hanging in there, sorry that the theme's causing you trouble!

Hi there,

So you can't even un-check the "Set a Max Width" box? I'm having a hard time replicating this. I'm only getting that error when the "Set a Max Width" box is checked AND the "Max Width" field is empty.

Yes, I could/can do that. Sorry I forgot to mention that

You might try editing the .info file on line 68 to show "0" instead of "1", then clear cache and try again.
You might also try de-activating and removing the current storefront theme completely and then re-installing a fresh download to see if that helps.

Have tried the suggested re-installation of theme (latest dev), and it is still the same.

If not, the last thing you might try is completely removing that validation, so remove lines 531-536 of the theme-settings.php file.

That worked. Now I can do what I want without any errors. Seems to be the validation process, that malfunctions (in my case)

If none of that works, do you think you could send a snap-shot of your theme layout settings to me? Also maybe let me know which release of Kickstart you're using (1 or 2? which version?). Or anything else you can think of about your settings that you think might help (I'm trying to think of anything else I can test to replicate that error).

Screenshot unnecessary now, I'd reckon, but I can list my setup:

commerce_kickstart-7.x-1.9-core.tar.gz
storefront-7.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz

I have takne the starterkit and renamed it to , moved the sass folder into it, put the image folder in root of new theme, edited the appropriate files (.info and config.rb). Converted the .sass files to .scss so I don't have to get used to a different syntax (I am new to it and Compass. Exiting stuff!). I have created a style.scss, and import the lot, to compile it to one style.css. Currently, it spits out about 5000 lines. But this way, I can save some http_requests to server, which is what I want (or so I have learned)

It all runs on a Xampp on Win 7. PHP version 5.4. I had to patch the Entity module as there was a known error, where it gives errors with PHP 5.4.

Thanks for hanging in there, sorry that the theme's causing you trouble!

- No trouble at all. I would never have been able to create a theme like this anyway, so massive thanks for the work!

Status:Needs work» Needs review

Sorry about taking so long to get back to this. I pushed a fix here, let me know if it works for you. This is different than what I was saying above.
http://drupalcode.org/project/storefront.git/commit/da51834

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.