- The current URL alias form widget is hard-coded for nodes and taxonomy terms only.
- Allow to have a URL alias on any kind of entity (bundle).
- Clean up and refactor the code to bring it up to par with current core subsystems.
- Make the URL alias as field + field widget, so it can be applied to any kind of entity (bundle).
- If you want URL alias support somewhere, just add the field.
- If you do not want URL alias support somewhere, just remove the field.
- Pave the way for token + pathauto integration.
Follow up issues
- — feature blocked on this issue.
- had to be merged into this patch to make DrupalUnitTestBase work, since it is currently broken. You can ignore all KeyValue related changes for now. The changes will be removed as soon as that issue has been committed.
- This patch also contains workarounds/stop-gap-fixes for . Some recent Field API changes broke the cleanly decoupled Field API design of field types, widgets, and formatters. The stop-gap fixes are required to prevent PHP notices.
- Essentially, please focus on the changes in
Inwe have been discussing what to do about getting the current core url aliasing into CMI. One thing has been pointed out is that the most common use case for this functionality is aliasing individual nodes (for instance to map old urls to new ones when doing a site conversion.) My feeling is that this use case doesn't belong in url aliases at all, it belongs in the node because this data is in fact content specific to a node. So I would like to do the following
- Add a multi-instance text field instance as a default on all new content types for adding aliases to the current node.
- When the node is saved, save these aliases out to somewhere, (a new cache bin maybe?) for peformant reading.
- Set this field to be Format: Hidden by default in all view modes
Making it a field makes a lot of sense, because we have multi-instance handling right there, and I feel like the aliases are worthy of being exposed in the node forms as a first-class citizen. It does, however, open a new core paradigm of adding field instances as metadata (since it is unlikely anyone would ever want to render these out.)
Thoughts? Not sure I'm the one to write the patch since I have precious little experiene with the field and entity system.
|#125||Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 11.33.21 PM.png||36.01 KB||webchick|
|FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch 1751210-path-123.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information. |
[ View ]
|PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 50,815 pass(es). |
[ View ]