I've been using the dev version of Field Collection for about a week, with no problems. But yesterday I noticed a fatal error on most pages of the website I'm working on:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function entity_revision_is_default() in /data/disk/b3share/static/ncjw-015/sites/all/modules/contrib/field_collection/field_collection.module on line 303

There is one content type where I've added the Field Collection module: Page. And it's throwing this error on every page, whether I've uploaded anything via the Field Collection widget or not. Other pages, such as the homepage, contact page, and admin pages, are fine.

I see someone mentioned something similar here. So I updated to the latest dev version today (which presumably fixed that problem), but am still seeing the issue.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Comments

Issue summary:View changes

adding line breaks

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking line breaks

Issue summary:View changes

adding paragraphs

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking paragraphs

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking paragraphs

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking paragraphs

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking paragraphs

Status:Active» Fixed

upgrade to latest dev version of entity api

Thanks for the reply. I updated Entity API to dev, and that fixed the problem.

Same problem here, also fixed by current dev version of entity-7.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz

Same for me about #2

Title:Fatal Error on Nodes with Field CollectionCall to undefined function entity_revision_is_default()

Better title for future reference.

wrong issue my bad

Solved with Entity 7.x-1.0-rc3+10-dev version.

Thanks

#7 was the step that helped me.

#7 solved the problem for me... Thanks !

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

apply for #7 with latest dev version (actually entity-7.x-1.0-rc3+13-dev) but won't fixed...
please help me... I'm working with production site

Hi nhytros, can you verify the Entity API version you're on?

At http://drupal.org/node/627554 it says the current version is 7.x-1.0-rc3+11-dev
It doesn't appear that 'entity-7.x-1.0-rc3+13-dev' exists

I'm also seeing on my site that it's time to upgrade to 7.x-1.0-rc3+11-dev (or entity 7.x-1.0-rc3, which we've established causes this issue). I was going to update this today, but now I'm thinking maybe I won't...

Maybe you have to run update.php

Just wanted to +1 to @nhytros' problem in #11: I have been getting the above error all over my dev site ever since updating Entity API on 24/10/2012. I have set the status back to "active" rather than opening a new thread as the error is identical to @jimmb's original report.

I originally installed the 7.x-1.x-dev version of the Field Collection module on 12/10/2012 - so after the patch associated with supporting revisions to field collections (here http://drupal.org/node/1031010) was included. At the time I had the latest dev version of Entity API installed. I created one field collection in one node type and the module worked perfectly.

However since the Entity API update last week (7.x-1.0-rc3+11-dev), everything has broken. I get the error below the footer of my site on virtually every page, AJAX auto-complete functionality has broken everywhere, and I get the WSOD with the error whenever I try to edit field-collection data for a node.

Today I resorted to deleting all my field-collection data, getting rid of the field, and uninstalling the module. Everything back to normal. I then re-installed the module and recreated my field collection. As soon as I try to enter data into the field-collection field and save the node I get the WSOD again. AJAX functionality is fine now - but presumably only because I now do not have any actual field-collection-related data in the system.

Most important for me is to know is this issue recognised/known about? If so, and there is a fix coming, I can hold off... for a few days. If not and this is just a weird site/situation-specific one I will have to disable and fudge my data structure another way. Sorry I cannot contribute constructively - I am still in PHP kindergarten.

Any ideas anyone?

Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

Any word on a fix for this or a temporary workaround.

I've having the same issue with the latest dev releases of field_collection and and entity.

UPDATE: I was on the rc3 release of entity. Upgrading to the latest dev (7.x-1.0-rc3+11-dev) solved the issue.

Status:Active» Fixed

Further to #14, @artis made me think perhaps the latest dev version of entity - which was installed through the drupal interface -hadn't installed properly for some reason. So I re-installed it manually, and voila - everything works again. Not sure what was going on there. Set back to "fixed" as it was me who (erroneously) set it back to "active".

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Issue summary:View changes

tweaking paragraphs