I noticed that, on my OpenChurch site and on the OpenChurch demo site, when viewed in IE9 and earlier, there are overlapping DIVs on the "Events" page (I've attached a screenshot of the demo Events page, as rendered by IE9).

It looks like IE is placing high priority on responsive.css rather than openchurch-features.css, so the 'position,' 'float,' and 'top' elements are all being overridden by the responsive layout. Any advice on how to tweak this so that IE gets its priorities straight?

Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 3.47.27 PM.png59.17 KBzerwah


First off, i am new to both drupal and css, so if this is a complete hack or whatever, i would def appreciate honest feedback. That said, i ran into this issue and i was able to resolve it by changing the following css file:


I changed the following block (original code is commented):

* Events list page filter fix
.openchurch-events-list .view-filters {
/* margin-top: -35px; top: 0; */
text-align: right; position: relative; top: -33px; float: right;

I just inserted the proper property values from the openchurch-features.css file.

Thanks for your comments in this issue, i never would have figured this out without the info you provided in the report.

Status:Active» Needs work

Darn I have a real problem bc right now I can't test ie9 easily.

Going to try to install a VM for ie9 so that I can test ie9 issues.

OK I can recreate this now that I have an ie9 VM. I will work on this. I can't believe ie9 breaks stuff that was working in ie8.

Oh great, this is happening in all of them, ie7-9. DARN. Thanks for the heads up!

Status:Needs work» Needs review

OK I had a big time logic error with my ie stylesheets. Thanks for finding! I have the fix in the latest version of openchurch_theme. I have updated OC dev but I will need to wait until the OC theme stable release is packaged before I can tag the new OC release. I should be able to do that today or tomorrow.

No worries - thanks for the update! I wouldn't have found it except a parishioner uses IE.

ok this is now updated in 7.x-1.11-beta6

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.