I got this notice:

Notice: Use of undefined constant FILE_ENTITY_DEFAULT_ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS - assumed 'FILE_ENTITY_DEFAULT_ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS' i media_variable_default() (row 133 in /media/includes/media.variables.inc).

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#8 1846674-media-file_entity_default_allowed_extensions-8.patch863 bytesmrfelton
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]
#6 1846674-media-file_entity_default_allowed_extensions-6.patch780 bytesjpstrikesback
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]
#4 1846674-media-file_entity_default_allowed_extensions.patch799 bytesmrfelton
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]

Comments

which file_entity version you have?

I got this too with 7.x-2.0-unstable7+2-dev File Entity after install

Title:notice warningconvert FILE_ENTITY_DEFAULT_ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS to the new variable
Version:7.x-2.0-unstable7» 7.x-2.x-dev
Priority:Minor» Normal

Yeap, i just made a commit there that swaps the constant with a variable.
need to convert it in media module as well

something like this
http://drupalcode.org/project/file_entity.git/blobdiff/3779389cffdbb49a0...

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new799 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new780 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]

There was one place this is called in media.module, patch attached with a variable_get('file_entity_default_allowed_extensions') seems to sort it out.

Status:Needs review» Needs work

Nice catch jpstrikesback!
But maybe we should use media_variable_get for consistency

Status:Needs work» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new863 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 5 pass(es).
[ View ]

> maybe we should use media_variable_get for consistency

No that doesn't make sense here - we are trying to compare against the value provided by file_entity, not the value of one of media's variables. I think the above patch is correct, although the standard is to include the default value in the vall to variable_get. Patch updated.

And good catch on the default value, wasn't sure if it was needed but it can only help.

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Ah, i am sorry, i didnt notice the context
You are right thanks again

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.