I'm using a rather large Feature as an entire site config. I've successfully exported and enabled my custom Feature. I later made a few changes to some panels and set out to recreate the Feature. When I do this the tar downloads, but won't extract. I have to force quit the untar process and the tarball never opens up. When I Generate feature under advanced options, I get the following error message:

  • Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 208 of sites/all/modules/contrib/features/features.export.inc).
  • Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 208 of sites/all/modules/contrib/features/features.export.inc).

Furthermore, when I view the Feature at admin/structure/features, it lists the Feature's state as Overridden. When I click the Overridden link to view the details of the Feature, all components are listed as Default.

What's going on here? I'm not sure what to do next, aside from stepping back a few commits and restoring the db to wipe the slate clean and trying it all again from the point I was at just before creating the initial Feature. Any help or pointers as to the next troubleshooting step are much appreciated.

Comments

To add some notes on more of my testing, I stepped back to the commit from before I had downloaded Features, then set everything up again from scratch. This time, I used Features 7.x-2.0-beta1 and ran into the same errors when actually creating the initial Feature. I was unable to untar the resulting tarball, but was able to use the Generate feature button to install it directly into my sites/all/modules/features dir. When I did so, I got the same error message that's listed in my initial post.

This time, the status is listed as default in both admin/structure/features and in the view details, however at admin/structure/pages, all included pages components are listed as status Overridden. When I choose to revert any page to the version in code (by editing the page and choosing revert) I can do so but this makes no affect on the status as listed in Features. I've cleared all caches throughout the process.

I'm not sure if the following info is relevant, but all of this is done on my local machine using Drupal 7.14, MAMP Pro and PHP 5.4.4. I'm not yet using Strongarm or Diff, but my Feature has nearly all available components enabled, so it's nearly 2MB when tar'd.

Thanks again.

I too am receiving this message but it appears to be from the Taxononmy RDF_mapping

Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 208 of /Users/kclarkson/sites-test/drupal/sites/all/modules/contrib/features/features.export.inc).

EDIT: I just updated to the most recent Dev Versions of Entity API and the Diff module. Still am receiving the error.

I'm seeing this notice listing line 208.

Also after i disable a feature i see a screen full of..
Notice: Array to string conversion in features_get_orphans() (line 714 of ....ontrib/features/features.module).

Note/ the line number and function changed 714.

This issue might be related: http://drupal.org/node/1776738

Same php notice when I generate a feature:

Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 208 of /var/www/html/drupal-sites/all/modules/features/features.export.inc).
Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 208 of /var/www/html/drupal-sites/all/modules/features/features.export.inc).

Using:

drupal 7.19
php 5.4.10
features 7.x-2.0-beta1

I think the solution is closer to #1588596: Notice: Array to string conversion in features_export_prepare() (line 190 of features.export.inc).