This is a really minor layout issue, but I noticed an eccentricity with OpenChurch and Safari (both in desktop and iOS versions). It seems as though Safari adds 60 or so extra pixels on the right side of the page. These don't appear at first (when the website first loads, it looks normal and centered), but once the page loads, you can scroll over to the right. A screenshot is attached.

The same thing happens on iPad.

I looked in Safari developer tools for an extra-wide div and couldn't find anything that seemed to be causing this. Very strange...

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 10.15.53 PM.png848.56 KBzerwah

Comments

I know, this problem makes me crazy. I really could use some help on this. I need some help. It might even been one of the meta tag settings in the header. I have adjusted the zoom level in the past which makes things a little bit better but it is still pretty annoying.

These settings may need to be played with, I could use some help

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0 maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=yes" />
  <meta name="MobileOptimized" content="width" />
  <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />

Status:Active» Needs work

Changing status

Status:Needs work» Active

OK shall figure this out!

OK it looks like the menu is causing this. If I hide the menu on mix and match it fixes the issue. I am going to do some more tests with mix and match and the default OC theme.

Status:Active» Needs review

OK great news. It had to do with a superfish menu overflow trick that I needed for desktop. I disabled this for tablet and mobile and it works great. I also did a little extra cleanup of the menu and the giving page.

I really need a mobile menu that appears at the bottom of the page instead of trying to "adjust" the styling of the superfish menu. Basically I would need to add a hidden menu block to the bottom of the page and style it vertically for mobile. I would like to do this when I get time. For now this fixes the main issue.

This is going out in 1x dev. I will do an end to end test later this weekend with some other updates.

Okay this is now in 7.x-1.11-beta8

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.