Posted by xjm on
This is a followup issue for.
- Following , block instance configurations are not configuration entities. This is inconsistent with the rest of core, where "every piece of config that can have 0 - N things should be config entities" (per @effulgentsia).
- Using the entity system would allow cleanup of the Block module's procedural code. (E.g., there is currently no way to programmatically save a block outside of manually calling procedural wrappers for the block plugin submit handler, nor to cleanly respond to changes to block instances.)
- The block module currently has to install default blocks on behalf of other modules, which duplicates work being done in .
- Convert block instances to configuration entities.
- Add test coverage for the integration of blocks with the configuration system, including:
- Block instance CRUD and storage.
- Config and entity hook implementations.
- The installation of default blocks.
- Decoupled test coverage for the
ConfigMapperin whatever form it exists following the conversion.
Use the test implementation added in
- The machine name for the block title is now
- IDs of some default core blocks changed.
|PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 50,693 pass(es).|
|PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 50,565 pass(es).|
|FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 50,470 pass(es), 44 fail(s), and 76 exception(s).|