To reproduce this do:

1. drush dl panopoly
2. Download translation package .po (in my case Finnish) in /profiles/panopoly/translations
3. Create a database
4. Go to the project url -> installing starts
5. Choose Panopoly as your installation profile
6. Installation skips 'Choose language' and 'Verify requirements' and stops to 'Set up database' stage

Installing the standard profile works correctly. I tried to check the issue with debugger. With Panopoly profile it didn't run the function install_select_locale in install.core.inc. I couldn't find the reason why. I'm not familiar with the installation process.

Files: 

Comments

Thanks for the info!

What is the preferred way to get Panopoly to work on other languages?

Title:Installing skips 'Choose language' stageOnly Skip the Language Selection if There Is Only One Language

#1 is correct that Panopoly specifies English as the default through a hook_install_tasks_alter() function panopoly_core_install_locale_selection(). This may be a little too ambitious and should probably *only* apply when there is only one language on scene. I changed the ticket to reflect that needed work.

Status:Active» Postponed

Postponing till later

Status:Postponed» Active

Making this active since we can probably get this in for RC4.

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new903 bytes

Here is a patch that changes the conditional here from ALWAYS ENGLISH to only english if there are no other languages.

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Committed up to -dev.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.