Description: This tutorial is one of the tutorial series I wrote in a Turkish Drupal Community site (http://drupaldersleri.org). These tutorials have been written upon requests of site members and due to the need of quick help, they are not so detailed. Because they have not been tested much, I cannot assure readers that they work flawlessly in every situation.
Any correction for both the content and my English will be appreciated.
For this tutorial, it is assumed that you have common knowledge of related Drupal basics like creating and modifying views, content types etc. And it is also assumed that you have created enough users and content to practice with so as to able to test this tutorial.
Purpose: Listing other contents by author (user) in a block while showing a content by author (user).
1. Start creating a new view by clicking "Add new view" link under Admin > Structure > Views.
a) Type "Other Contents by Author" in "View name" text box.
b) [Optional step.] You can check "Description" checkbox and write a description for view. If you wish, check and write "A list which contains other content by author."
3. Select "Content" from "Show" select list.
4. Uncheck "Create a page".
5. Check "Create a block". You can change Block title as you wish. To limit items to show in block, type a number in "Items per page" text box(You can change it later.).
6. Click "Continue & edit". In this stage, it is a good idea to click "Save" button after each alteration/change to save the View.
a) Click "Advanced" link in right side of the page (if pane is not open).
b) Click "add" link in CONTEXTUAL FILTERS row.
c) Check "Content: Author uid" checkbox from "Add contextual filters" popup.
d) Click "Apply..." button.
e) Check "Provide default value" option in WHEN THE FILTER VALUE IS NOT AVAILABLE section.
f) Select "User ID from URL" from "Type" select list.
g) Check "Also look for a node and use the node author" checkbox.
h) Click "Apply..." button.
a) Click "add" link again in CONTEXTUAL FILTERS row.
b) Check "Content: Nid" checkbox from "Add contextual filters" popup.
c) Click "Apply..." button.
d) Check "Provide default value" option in WHEN THE FILTER VALUE IS NOT AVAILABLE section.
e) Select "Content ID from URL" from "Type" select list.
f) Scroll down to MORE section and check "Exclude" checkbox.
g) Click "Apply..." button.
9. Click "Save" button and save the view.
You can add different fields and filters and make changes to create solutions for different needs.
Next tutorials related to this (coming soon):
- "Author info" block with Views (Drupal 7)
- "Authors(with last 1 post)" block with Views (Drupal 7)
(Turkish version of this tutorial/Bu dersin Türkçe sürümü: http://drupaldersleri.org/ders/4373/views-ile-yazarin-diger-yazilari-blo...)