The following modules are recommended
- Panels, Panels Everywhere and Panelizer
- For configuring your display and also activating alternative layouts for sub-sections of your website; Panelizer provides additional functionality (per-object display changes, multiple selectable displays, etc) for entities.
Note: The layout concept in Omega basically serves as a theme-driven and lightweight replacement for Panels Everywhere. You can also disable the layout extension in Omega and use Panels Everywhere.
- Display Suite
- Also for configuring your display. This also works in conjunction with Panels.
- Can be used to produce cleaner markup for Entity Fields.
If you don't like Panels for whatever reason you can also use the Context module
- For placing blocks and configuring alternative layouts for sub-sections of your website.
- Context omega
- This module allows you to set the omega 4.x layout to use, using the context module.
The following modules were written for Omega 3.x, and are now deprecated in Omega 4.x (and potentially incompatible)
- Omega Tools
- There is no need to download Omega Tools — the functionality has been moved into Omega 4.x itself.
- With the new concept of layouts, the Delta module is more or less deprecated. It still works for setting up alternative instances of your theme settings but since the main idea behind the Delta module was to provide alternative layout configuration (which is not needed anymore) it can be omitted.
Note: There might still be some very special use cases in which the Delta module MIGHT be an option.