Just upgraded to 7.x-3.4 and have everything stabalized, updated, caches cleared etc. The add to cart, checkout, and empty cart features are all working but when I try to add a product that is already in the cart OR change the quantity and then click 'update cart', I receive an HTTP 500 Error, Internal Server Error. Same thing happens when I click the 'remove' button. I've disabled all other modules on the /cart page and don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions in how I might troubleshoot it are also welcome.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#11 rules-errors.txt379.77 KBseagle

Comments

That sounds like something went wrong with your install. You might have a corrupted database. Did you remember to run update.php?

Try downloading a fresh copy of Ubercart, deleting all of the files in sites/all/modules/ubercart, and replacing them.

If that doesn't work, try restoring from the backup you made just before the 3.4 upgrade, and running the upgrade again.

If that doesn't work, try enabling error messages and installing/enabling the Devel module's Krumo error messages. Hopefully, this will help pinpoint the trouble.

Priority:Major» Normal

Please search this site for how to figure out what's causing the 500 error. There are hundreds of threads about this. It's highly unlikely that it is caused by Ubercart.

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

We need to know what the actual PHP error message is to be able to help further.

Yes, thanks for all the quick responses, with error messaging on I'm receiving the following -

Fatal error: Call to undefined function entity_load_single() in /mnt/www/html/microstraindev/docroot/sites/all/modules/ubercart/uc_product/uc_product.module on line 1115 -

if (!empty($result['uc_cart_item'])) {
$item_entity = entity_load_single('uc_cart_item', current(array_keys($result['uc_cart_item']))); //line 1115
if ($item_entity->qty != $qty) {
$item_entity->qty = $qty;
entity_save('uc_cart_item', $item_entity);
}
}

Fatal error: Call to undefined function entity_load_single()

This means that the Entity module is not available, possibly because it's not being properly loaded. Check that module. (There may be some other reason that it's not loaded.)

What version of Entity module do you have installed? If you are not using 7.x-1.0, try upgrading.

Yes, upgrading the Entity module fixed things - from 7.x-1.0-beta8 to entity 7.x-1.0

Thank you all!

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (fixed)

Closing.

Status:Closed (fixed)» Fixed

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

An append - its now showing the following error even with a Rules module upgrade

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /mnt/www/html/sitename/docroot/sites/all/modules/rules/includes/rules.core.inc on line 1090
Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /mnt/www/html/sitename/docroot/sites/all/modules/rules/includes/rules.core.inc on line 1126

Status:Closed (fixed)» Active
StatusFileSize
new379.77 KB

Need to reopen this - attached are the Devel errors being generated. If I can't make sense of these I'll have to revert to my old Ubercart install.

Just a recap:

  • I upgraded ubercart which broke the ability to 'update cart' or 'remove' items.
  • I updated Entity module to fix this, which created dozens of Rules errors " Illegal offset type in isset or empty in" in rules.core.inc
  • Updated Rules and Views modules, still no luck

Did you run update.php after you upgraded Rules and Views?

Are all your modules fully upgraded?

I did run update, and all modules are not completely up to date. I guess the next thing I can try is to install modules in a different order, updating the views, rules, and entity modules before I run the ubercart upgrade.

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Is this still an issue? The errors in #11 are all Rules related, but it sounds like you either don't have all your modules fully up to date or you have/had incompatible versions installed. If you are still getting these errors with all the latest versions and update.php reporting no updates are outstanding, let us know.

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (works as designed)

I reverted to old code and then retried updates to rules & entity modules with update.php, all is working well. It certainly is strange how the second or third attempt at module updates often resolve this kind of issue.

Thanks for following up.

Status:Closed (works as designed)» Fixed

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.