I'm feeling a bit like limiting file types by schemes is not something that our majority use case really cares about, and causes major problems with existing files, see #1979804: Files with a missing scheme cannot be edited.

If adding this functionality is possible via a separate contrib module, then I think we should rip this out. Limiting file types just based on mime types is the core functionality I think we should focus on.

Thoughts? Am I completely wrong? Tagging this as an alpha blocker as this is something that should be removed prior to alpha1.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#5 1979832-file-type-remove-streams.patch15.35 KBDave Reid
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 823 pass(es).
[ View ]
#1 1979832-file-type-remove-streams.patch13.63 KBDave Reid
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 803 pass(es), 14 fail(s), and 1 exception(s).
[ View ]

Comments

Assigned:Unassigned» Dave Reid
Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new13.63 KB
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 803 pass(es), 14 fail(s), and 1 exception(s).
[ View ]

Let's try this out.

Status:Needs review» Needs work
Issue tags:-7.x-2.0 alpha blocker

The last submitted patch, 1979832-file-type-remove-streams.patch, failed testing.

Status:Needs work» Needs review

Status:Needs review» Needs work
Issue tags:+7.x-2.0 alpha blocker

The last submitted patch, 1979832-file-type-remove-streams.patch, failed testing.

Status:Needs work» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new15.35 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 823 pass(es).
[ View ]

I think I've got the test failures fixed. I think we are able to assume that both public and private files are enabled all the time on tests, and the current tests made the assumption that files automatically are assigned private all the time and you don't get the scheme selection.

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

The patch in #5 applied cleanly and removed all references to per filetype scheme restrictions.

After applying the patch I was still able to add new files and view, edit and delete existing files. I also upgraded two existing sites, one running unstable7 and one running the latest -dev, without encountering any problems.

Each site had a number of visible, writeable stream wrappers and a couple of custom media providers. I didn't have any issues there either, so marking RTBC.

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Thanks, I had tested this extensively as well, so committed #5 to 7.x-2.x.
http://drupalcode.org/project/file_entity.git/commit/e6f091e

Heh, already beat me to it. I can confirm #6, also upgraded a site that runs the latest dev 2.x, seems to work ok.

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.