I just made adjustments to fix a problem with my Panels modules. JQuery wasn't running properly on most recent update, and to solve i installed Jquery Update and stopped compressing javascript. Now none of my editors are working. Honestly, i'm not sure if this is a symptom of the first problem or caused by the fix.

Per other posts, here's answers to common questions.
'Disable rich-text' link is not visible.
I've tested with Firefox, safari, IE 9, Crome and mobile safari/crome.
There are Javascript errors. Posted below.
I've reloaded wysiwyg 3 times with different versions:
7.x-2.2+14-dev
7.x-2.2
7.x-2.1

Editors:
markItUp 1.1.12
NicEdit 0.9
TinyMCE 3.5.2
TinyMCE 3.5.8

I'm getting 2 Java errors most recently:

SyntaxError: syntax error
d()jquery....min.js (line 16)
d()jquery....min.js (line 16)
d(a=Window stylebook, b=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
jquery-1.5.2.min.js()jquery....min.js (line 16)
<!DOCTYPE html>
jquery....min.js (line 16)

TypeError: list.superfish is not a function
(?)()superf...?mmfifd (line 23)
d(a=
Object[ul#superfish-1.menu]
, c=function(), e=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
d(a=function(), b=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
once(id=
"superfish"
, fn=function())jquery...s?v=1.2 (line 55)
attach(index=
0
, options=Object { id=
"1"
,  sf={...},  plugins={...}})superf...?mmfifd (line 12)
d(a=
[Object { id=
"1"
,  sf={...},  plugins={...}}, Object { id=
"2"
,  sf={...},  plugins={...}}]
, c=function(), e=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
attach(context=Document stylebook, settings=Object { basePath=
"/"
,  ajaxPageState={...},  popup={...},  more...})superf...?mmfifd (line 10)
(?)()drupal.js?mmfifd (line 76)
d(a=Object { contextualLinks={...},  tokenTree={...},  tokenDialog={...},  more...}, c=function(), e=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
attachBehaviors(context=Document stylebook, settings=Object { basePath=
"/"
,  ajaxPageState={...},  popup={...},  more...})drupal.js?mmfifd (line 74)
(?)()drupal.js?mmfifd (line 412)
d(d=Document stylebook, f=
[function()]
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
d(a=
undefined
)jquery....min.js (line 16)
d()jquery....min.js (line 16)
list.superfish(options.sf);
superf...?mmfifd (line 23)

Also note that when in overlay the text format selection set doesn't change the criterial listed below it. All options are directly listed:

Text format

Full Edit

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.

Full HTML
Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Comments

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Judging by the symptoms you describe, no scripts at all have been executed on the page.
I have no idea what is causing those errors, or where. My best guess would be that something went wrong when you installed jquery_update module and it now tries to load a JavaScript file but gets an HTML 404 page back instead (which is why you see HTML like <!DOCTYPE html> as a JavaScript syntax error).

Check the Network/Net tab in the browser's Developer Tools, or Firebug for Firefox, and see which files are being requested, what the HTTP status code is for the response. If some files are missing, investigate which module or library they may belong to and see if you can fix by re-uploading/extracting a fresh copy.

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (cannot reproduce)

Without further details about the problem I can only close this issue. Please re-open it if you can provide the requested information.

Title:Editors failing to loadjQuery Update - All JS failing to load on pages with editor
Issue summary:View changes
Status:Closed (cannot reproduce)» Active

I'm getting this issue (only on pages with a text editor field) having newly switched to jQuery 1.7. I'm using the latest devs of WYSIWYG and jQuery Update as well as having just downloaded the most recent CKEditor (which was previously working on a slightly lower minor version number of CK4.)

I don't see any network errors in the dev console, but the JS console provides these, similar to the above:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'events' of undefined js_baSribt7eVwYloFiIZv-3t9uOIOtjWt8L9svUozQugQ.js:194
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined js_DlDzHwYxfE4a3N6nDL_cii0W-vTX7uVFk-ZttRdUVwc.js:2106
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function js_5J1RbAJcLOHAbLt5jSF80ZwT54ntrs-gakd-lGFqduA.js:904

But all my JS loads just fine on pages that don't have a supposed-to-be-WYSIWYG text editor. :/

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

You need to disable JavaScript Optimization in the Drupal Performance page for filenames and line numbers to make sense in error messages. The errors could be anywhere in your scripts since Drupal aggregates them all together and removes whitespaces when optimization is enabled.

You should not need jQuery Update unless any module says it actually requires a different version of jQuery than what is shipped with Drupal. Either way, CKEditor won't use it, nor should it conflict with any jQuery version that I know of.

I think this conflict actually came from updating a version of CKEditor without clearing out the old code first, or something. I'm not sure -- I had changed jQuery versions to get something else to work and suddenly everything was explodey. We managed to get things to function more or less so I'll report back if I see this again.

Priority:Major» Normal
Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Closed (fixed)

Ok, since we don't really know what went wrong here, I'm closing the issue for now.
Please reopen it if you do discover Wysiwyg was the problem or part of some conflict.