Warning! Security Changes
OpenPublic Beta 18 disables OpenPublic's normal password policy settings. You need to follow the instructions below to re-install the password features or the new security features.
For more information on this change, see http://www.phase2technology.com/blog/heads-up-the-next-openpublic-releas...
* Password Policy is now disabled, and OpenPublic Password or OpenPublic Security apps can be installed for advanced security features. See below for instructions on installing one of these apps
* Modules updated for security: CAPTCHA, Entity API, Features, and Webform
In order to upgrade OpenPublic, do the following:
1. Download the latest release of OpenPublic
2. Unpack it and copy the the profiles directory over your current profiles directory (replace the older files)
3. Run update.php to update the database
sam release as beta18 with minor update for default installation of apps.
Re-Enabling Password Policies
1. After you upgrade your site, login
2. Select "Apps" from the admin shortcut bar
3. Find and then select OpenPublic Password in the app listing (or "Security" if you would like the more advanced features)
4. On the App's detail screen, select "Install App"
5. Note that, if you encounter an “Unathorized Access Error,” just return to the main Apps screen. If you see that error, it’s a reported bug in the Apps module where the App installer is trying to return you to the installation page, rather than the app’s configuration page
6. Clear Caches by going to Configuration > Performance and selecting Clear Cache
7. Run DB Update by navigating your browser to [site]/update.php, e.g. http://www.example.com/update.php
You should be updated and have the latest app installed.
Once either app is installed, switching between Security and Password is not supported in the apps interface right now. If for some reason you wanted to disable one app and switch to the other, you would need to disable the app, uninstall password policy and also manually *remove* the app's modules and password policy. We do not recommend switching between apps.