Background:
This issue is part of the task to update the hook_help texts of the Drupal 8 modules:
#1908570: [meta] Update or create hook_help() texts for D8 core modules

Tasks:
- review / write the hook_help text according to help guidelines

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#7 drupal-search-help-2091359-7.patch11.11 KBbatigolix
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,855 pass(es).
[ View ]
#7 interdiff.txt11.09 KBbatigolix
#5 drupal-search-help-2091359-5.patch10.2 KBlmirabile
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,374 pass(es).
[ View ]
#2 drupal-search-help-2091359.patch8.86 KBCyberschorsch
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,641 pass(es).
[ View ]

Comments

Going to work on it - DC Praque Sprint

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new8.86 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,641 pass(es).
[ View ]

Reworked the URLs to the new standard.

Status:Needs review» Needs work

Thanks @Cyberschorsch for rewriting the links.
Now it needs checking - and where necessary rewritting the text.

Also, all of the cron-related links in this help should be going to admin/config/system/cron and not to wherever they are currently going to.

Assigned:Unassigned» lmirabile
Issue summary:View changes
Status:Needs work» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new10.2 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,374 pass(es).
[ View ]

Reviewed rewritten URLs, changed 2 additional ones, and changed the references to drupal.org/cron per comment #4.

Status:Needs review» Needs work

Thanks, looking better! Next time you make a patch, an interdiff would be helpful. :)

There are still a couple of problems with this patch:

a) In About, there is no use of @search in the text, so we don't need that URL.

b) URLs should use !name not @name in t(). See http://drupal.org/node/632280

Component:documentation» search.module
Assigned:lmirabile» Unassigned
Status:Needs work» Needs review
Parent issue:» #1908570: [meta] Update or create hook_help() texts for D8 core modules
StatusFileSize
new11.09 KB
new11.11 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,855 pass(es).
[ View ]

patch:

- addresses point #6
- changes reference to online docs

I changed component to get feedback from maintainers about changes in Search module between D7 & D8. There seem to be almost no difference (for the users / site builders)

Status:Needs review» Postponed

I'm one of the maintainers of search.module. :)

We need to postpone this, as there is another issue
#2042807: Convert search plugins to use a ConfigEntity and a PluginBag
which is actually making some significant changes to the UI for search.module settings.

Status:Postponed» Needs work

That other issue went in, so we can probably go back to this issue now.

Status:Needs work» Postponed

There's another UI change coming so we should postpone this again:
#2123073: Move index.cron_limit setting to NodeSearch

I don't think we should postpone this on #2123073: Move index.cron_limit setting to NodeSearch any more. However, #1366020: Overhaul SearchQuery; make search redirects use GET query params for keywords and #2156661: Search admin menu entry uses "settings" -- UI-text standards violation are both changing the UI a bit. They are both RTBC. Once those are done, we can return here.

And as a note, when we fix up this help, we should link to the Cron settings page rather than the Status report page when we talk about cron in the help.