Expert Market US is the first American focused website from UK Sunday Times Tech Track winners MVF. The website allows people to learn more about B2B products and get quotes to compare local and national suppliers. The website was launched in January, 2013 and has quickly become a leading resource for business product information in the United States.
MVF chose to use Drupal for Expert Market US for several reasons:
- It's relatively easy to create highly customizable forms to gather quote information
- It offers much more robust integration with Sugar and other backend systems used by MVF
- It is relatively easy to customize the look and feel of sites
- It offers a range of modules that greatly improve site functionality
- It's relatively easy to create multilingual sites using Drupal compared to other CMS options.
- Good documentation for developers
- Great communities (https://drupal.org/forum, http://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions)
- Allows us to roll out sites in a repeatable manner and solve problems across all sites
- It's open source so can be used license free
The overriding goal of Expert Market US was to replicate earlier successes of Expert Market UK and Expert Market France in the American market.
The main technical requirement for the site was that it could share the back-end functions with the other international Expert Market sites, while still presenting information unique to an American audience.
Beyond this, it had to integrate with MVF's existing back-end systems and allow forms to be quickly changed and customized as needed.
By all measures the site has been a huge success. In just 9 months the site has gone from no visitors to over 3,000 in September, 2013. This was all possible due to Drupal's highly customizable posting and content management options.