Hi everybody. I am Sanjay.S.Nair from India. I am trying a content management system for the first time. I have downloaded the drupal-6.3 project for use in the Fedora 9.
1. I have extracted it and have copied it to the document root.
2. Created the files settings.php in the folder /sites/default
3. Then given write access to the folder /sites/default and the file /sites/default/settings.php as chmod a+w /sites/default and chmod a+w /sites/default/settings.php
4. Then I have created the database and provided it all rights as said in the drupal manual.
5. Then I typed in my browser http://localhost/drupal-6.3/
6. It is then redirected to the GUI installation part. I have clicked to the english language of installation, then an error message has came:-
"The Drupal installer requires write permissions to ./sites/default during the installation process. If you are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line handbook."
But I have already set permissions for that directory and file
I welcome the replies from any source.