Hello,

I have a multilanguage site. (french-english).
When I set the parameters I have access to the french title / description and english title/description, but when I display the sitemap, it is only in french, even if I choose english language. I have the same problem for the primary links menu.
Is it a bug? How to do to work it in 2 language?

Best regards

Comments

I had re-install Drupal and its sitemap module. It is allright, but I cannot display correctly the page title in the good language.
I have the same title (in French, default language) for the English or French page.

subscribing

StatusFileSize
new1.73 KB

I have the issue in my sites, too.
I have made a small patch for 6.x-1.0 that I think fixes this issue, if I have some time I could try to make another for devel version.

Version:6.x-1.0» 6.x-1.x-dev
Assigned:selinav» frjo
Status:Active» Needs review

Thanks for the path, I will take a look at it.

Subscribing.

Is it possible to have this patch in 6.x-1.x-dev release ?

Thx a lot for your great module.

Subscribing

A simplified version of the patch has been committed to 6-dev. Please try it out and report back here.

I am currently with "Site map" version 6.x-1.x-dev (2009-Jul-21)
My default language is English. And my site is translated in French.

/sitemap :
==> OK

/fr/sitemap :
==>OK : primary menus are correctly translated in French
==>OK : my own menus are correctly translated in French
==>NOK : taxonomy is not translated at all, all vocabularies and all terms are still in English

In all the rest of my site taxonomy is correctly translated.

Please try the new 2009-Aug-12 version where the i18ntaxonomy patch is present.

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Thx a lot Fredrik !!

New release is perfect.
Taxonomy is translated perfectly in vocabularies and terms.

First report from Selinav concerned title and description translation.
For me title and description are correctly translated too. I've juste tested them.

Thx again for your excellent work.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

I've got a multi-language site, too. German and english (standard). My problem is that the string 'primary links' doesn't get translated. On the page 'de/sitemap' all menu items are translated to german but not the menu name itself. Any ideas?

variable_del("site_map_message_$lang_code"); need to be removed in D6 and i18n module does the string translation afterwards.

I use site_map module 6.x-1.x-dev (2009-Sep-08).

After grep search I found variable_del("site_map_message_$lang_code"); here :
sites/all/modules/site_map/site_map.install:
line 27: variable_del("site_map_message_$lang_code");

We must comment this line ?
It's in function site_map_uninstall(), I don't understand why we must delete at this place.

Or must we edit this :
sites/all/modules/site_map/site_map.module:
line 529: $message = variable_get("site_map_message_$lang_code", '');

I don't understand very well, could you give us patch file ?

Thx for your help.

Status:Active» Needs review
StatusFileSize
new3.68 KB

Patch attached. You only need to setup the i18n module and add the below variable to your settings.php. Afterwards the textarea will be translatable by i18n.

<?php
$conf
['i18n_variables'] = array(
 
'site_map_message',
}
?>

StatusFileSize
new3.72 KB

Change the code comment above the site map message textarea.

Note: The upgrade path needs work... maybe better to run an SQL statement than depending on locale module... need to think a bit about it.

StatusFileSize
new5.84 KB

New patch with changed uninstall and also removed more obsolete stuff that should be handled by i18n.

#15 Can we not set this in the site map module install file?

<?php
  $i18n_variables
= variable_get('i18n_variables', array());
 
$site_map_variables = array(
   
'site_map_message',
  );
 
variable_set('i18n_variables', $i18n_variables + $site_map_variables);
?>

#17 Looks good but for a missing return in hook_update_n(). Needs to return at least an empty array.

StatusFileSize
new5.9 KB

#15. No, this is the way how it is supported in i18n... we shouldn't change this.

#17. Ups, yes... the empty array is missing :-(((. Now fixed the patch and also used update_sql(). Also tested the upgrade.

I'd only like to point out that I was not able to test "site_map_show_menus" myself, but I believe it's not the modules todo to handle this...

Version:6.x-1.x-dev» 6.x-2.x-dev
Status:Needs review» Fixed

Thanks! Committed to the new 6--2 branch. All the new functionality will be put there.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.