- Port weather 6.x-5.x to Drupal 7.x
- Split module into several smaller files. The file weather.module gets loaded and parsed on every page request, so having a small file size speeds up Drupal. The file has been reduced from 67 kB to 21 kB, meaning a decrease of almost 70%. Moreover, the parser is now loaded only when needed instead of unconditionally on every page request, resulting in an overall size reduction from 87 kB to 21 kB, which is about 25% of the original size. This speeds up the weather module by factor 4!
- Implement a cache for parsed METAR data, so that the parsing needs to be done only once instead of every time the weather data is displayed.
- Rewrite download handler for METAR weather data. If the data is not available, the module retries at increasing time intervals up to one day to download the data. This better supports METAR stations which report their data only a few times a day. Moreover, if an ICAO code is no longer valid, the module tries to download only once a day. In both cases, the previous download interval had been 10 minutes.
- AJAX code in location form is fixed. Closes: #416892: AHAH uses old techniques
- Installation of weather ICAO data is about six times faster.
Last updated: December 25, 2010 - 00:10
Official release from tag: