Packt Publishing is pleased to announce the release of a new Drupal book called Drupal 6 Site Blueprints authored by Timi Ogunjobi. This is a project-oriented book that provides readers with a starting foundation for 12 powerful Drupal Web site projects that can be tailored to their needs, including community functionality, blog networks, e-commerce stores, photo sharing, Google mashups, and so on..
Packt Publishing is also pleased to offer a 15% discount to any Drupal.org user. To purchase this book with this discount, simply purchase Drupal 6 Site Blueprints through Packt Publishing, and provide the code Dru6SBto. Also, keep in mind that Packt contributes a portion of every book sale right back to Drupal!
This book is aimed at Drupal users in the following categories:
- Students seeking hands-on experience building useful PHP-based Web projects using a rapid development environment.
- Hobbyists looking to build rich Web applications for personal and business use or for their clubs or society.
- Business owners who would like to test the Drupal platform and to see if it meets their immediate and future business needs for a Web application.
- Professionals who like to quickly present prototypes of new Web projects to their clients.
About the book:
Drupal 6 Site Blueprints, is a project-based guide to developing Web applications with Drupal. It should enable you to take full advantage of the powerful core features offered by the Drupal framework together with the many available contributed modules and themes to develop killer applications within hours. You will learn, by means of illustrated hands-on example projects, all that you need to start building with Drupal. Containing 12 exciting and simple Web projects, this book will enable you to rapidly implement Web projects for personal and business use - without having to pay a developer to do it for you. If you want to develop exciting Web applications for profit or pleasure this book is for you. With this book almost anyone with just a bit of Drupal knowledge can build a complicated web site by mixing the individual projects together. Instant Drupal!!
All the other hands-on example projects in this book are also based on fictitious Web site development briefs, but they illustrate practical ways of applying Drupal. The projects in the book include:
- Building a Personal Web Site
- Building a School Web Site
- Building an Aficionados’ Site
- Building an Events Site
- Building a Community Portal
- Building a Newspaper Site
- Building a Directory
- Building a Photo sharing Site
- Building a Hotel and Conference Facilities Booking Site
- Building a Google Maps Site
- Building a News Aggregating Site
If you are new to building Web sites with Drupal and you consequently imagine that Drupal is difficult to use, this book should make you rethink those assumptions. The briefs are wickedly humorous, the tutorials are quite concise and lavishly illustrated with screen shots and the projects are very useful day-to-day applications.
This book is for anybody who wants to build a range of Drupal sites, and see how to apply the many available Drupal plugins and features in different scenarios. If you develop Drupal sites professionally, or would like to try building Web sites as a freelancer, this is a great book to help you get started. Drupal 6 Site Blueprints has just been published, and is available direct from the publishers.
Want a Sample?
To help promote the content provided within this book, Packt is generous enough to provide sample content of what you can expect from reading this book. Below is a list of articles and chapters from this book.
- Chapter 12: Weird Hap'nins—Building a News Aggregating Site
- Article: Building a Personal Site using Drupal 6
- Article: Building a News Aggregating Site using Drupal 6
About the author
Timi Ogunjobi is a Technical Writer, Web Developer and Open Source evangelist. Trained as an engineer, Timi has been developing Web applications in several frameworks for more than 7 years and has also been writing for more than a decade on a wide variety of topics. Timi is the principal of Websesame, a software development and technical writing company. Timi’s other Drupal books include Adventures in Drupal and Drupal Website Models. Timi balances his time between programming, reviewing, writing, and contributing to interesting Web-based projects and also community projects in Africa. When he isn't working (which isn't that often) he enjoys playing jazz guitar and getting involved in outdoor activities, principally cricket, golf, and swimming.