I am hosting Drupal on a Virtual Private Server through Cirtex Hosting. I have the drupal installation and the red 5 server installed on the same VPS. I have not been successful in using flashvideo module to post converted files to the flash server or the media mover module as well. I have uploaded all my files to the red 5 streaming server and have tested in oflaDemo that they stream.
1) I have tried to place this code into the body field of the content type.
$params['width'] = 652;
$params['height'] = 432;
$params['streamer'] = 'rtmpt://flash-7.simplecdn.net/play';
$params['file'] = 'examples/videos/bbb_640x360_h264.mp4';
$params['autostart'] = 'true';
The player doesn't display streaming from the red 5 server. It basically ignores the PHP code. Can't I load my files into the flash server and code in each content type?
2) Couldn't use the flashvideo module because,the way I understand it, once files are converted they get transferred to the flash server via scp - but my flash server is hosted on the same server as my drupal install, just in different directories. In attempts to transfer files using scp, could not transfer successfully, even after creating openssh keys.
3) Media mover module didnt like tranferring on the same server either.
4) What is a good video recipe for streaming using dash media player when you're using red 5 on the same server as drupal?
5) Do files have to be transferred through drupal?
Please help, really appreciate it!