I just spent half a day making changes to keywords and descriptions when editing taxonomy terms .....and half way there I realized that changes are not being saved at all :(

Files: 

Comments

I guess this was fixed in 6.x-1.12-beta1 and 2 ? looking at releases page: http://drupal.org/node/9058/release
Why are these releases not offered on the main page?

Why are these releases not offered on the main page?

There are no settings to make them appear, and project.module doesn't show them; see #647428: Show latest release (if different from recommended release) in the "Other releases" table.

ah.. I see..Thank you for the link
Do you have any tips on how to do this for now (how to know that there is a newer version) to not run into problems like that?
Looking at each module page and then at each module's releases page individually is nearly impossible..

Just upgraded to 6.x-1.12 and still have this problem...

Did you run update.php after? Upgrading to this version fixed the problem for me..

Version:6.x-1.11» 6.x-1.12-beta3

Upgrade to 6.1.12-beta3 done, update.php runned.
But here i have the same problem: in term edit page, meta description is not saved.

Bye

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Does it happen with new taxonomy terms that are being added?

Just an idea.. How about making a post where you could add if new beta release is available and we can subscribe to that post?
It's impossible to keep up and know if there is a new release if "available updates" don't show them :) Any thoughts?

The list of all available releases is available on http://drupal.org/node/9058/release, and the module that reports any available updates for the modules installed on a Drupal-powered site lists also the beta releases that have been released.

As the update module doesn't mark a beta release as suggested update, I would not suggest to install a beta release too, if not testing it on a test site for some days.

I would not suggest to install a beta release too, if not testing it on a test site for some days.

... It's impossible not to install beta with this module as the beta version was the only one with the bug fix which is mentioned in this post...
(Edit): Do you recommend dev version over beta? Was this issue fixed in the dev version? I had that version before changing to beta because of this bug.

Do you recommend dev version over beta?

Yikes! No!
If you have to use the beta version, then test it on a test site; the development version is not suggested, as any update from a release of the development snapshot to the newer development update of the same branch is not supported.

Was this issue fixed in the dev version?

Yes, it was. Any official version is created from the development snapshot; once the development snapshot is update, an official release is created from its code.

I had the same problem on stable 6.x-1.11 release, but after upgrade to 1.12-beta3 I can finally use meta tags for taxonomy and it works fine :)

6.x-1.11, 6.x-1.12-beta4, 6.x-1.x-dev, with all these versions, i am not able to save a term desciption or any keywords...

Subscribing

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Fixed

The code has been changed, and committed in the repository. The last committed code resolved also another issue with the meta tags form fields not being shown in fieldset.

Thanks for your report.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Version:6.x-1.12-beta3» 6.x-1.1
Issue tags:+Nodewords not saving metadata
StatusFileSize
new15.42 KB

Had the same problem. (Meta Tags/Description not getting saved to the database!)
Was using nodewords version 6.x-1.11.
Each time we attempted to input the meta data (keywords/description) at /admin/content/nodewords/meta-tags/default
fields erased on clicking save.

Updated to the Dev version 6.x-1.x-dev of Nodewords using command line:

$ drush pm-disable nodewords // if you don't have drush (get it!) or just disable the module from admin/build/modules
$ rm -rf nodewords // get rid of the “old” version.
$ wget http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/nodewords-6.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz
$ tar -zxvf nodewords-6.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz
$ drush pm-enable nodewords nodewords_basic nodewords_extra // re-enable the modules

> Now run update.php to make sure its all working.
> go back to /admin/content/nodewords/meta-tags/default and confirm that the data is getting saved.

Hope this helps someone else.
:-)