Some of the new features coming up in the 7.x-2.0 release.
- Settings are now handled by profiles, similar to the profiles of the WYSIWYG module. A profile contains settings and can be assigned to Drupal roles. Thus, it is possible to customize the behavior of Linkit in detail. (This requires ctools)
- Since Drupal's own autocomplete was not enough, we developed our own Better Autocomplete which provides a rich autocomplete experience. It is GPL and bundled with Linkit 7.x-2.x.
- Works without Pathologic, (However, Pathologic is recommended for portability between environments and URL alias generation)
- External links. If you paste an external URL, Linkit will check that the URL is not broken. (Can be turned off)
- Internal absolute URL:s converts automatically into drupal paths, very simple for users who are used to copy-pasting.
- No more popups, the Linkit dashboard is now handled with a dialog UI.
- More settings, for even more flexible customization. One cool feature is thumbnails and dimenstions next to images in the autocomplete results list.
Last updated: December 27, 2011 - 01:20
Official release from tag: