Seems I can't get the my styles to change. Here is what I have tried.
1. Create an "Location" content type
2. Add a location field of type OpenlayersWKT display with Openlayers Map
3. Create an Open Layers style called "Green Dots"
4. Add a preset - Set all styles to "Green Dots"
5. Go to Display setting for the Location content type and set the location field use the new map preset.
6. Make sure the actual location field is using the new map preset.
7. Enter test data into node
8. View node - shows the default orange dots.
Am I doing something wrong? I am using openlayers-6.x-2.0-alpha6.
Note: I also created a "Purple Dots" style and applied that to a openlayers view and that displays the purple dots correctly.
Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.