The word "presets" is misleading. It should be changed to Maps.

This should probably get done sooner than later as the module is still marked as alpha (though that doesn't seem to mean too much in the Drupal community), and this is not a change that should happen once it is in beta. This will include the following:

* Database table name
* Hook changes
* Function change
* Interface wording

Most of the changes are internal and the database changes can be managed with an update function. The hook change will need to include some notification to developers.

Comments

This should probably get done sooner than later as the module is still marked as alpha (though that doesn't seem to mean too much in the Drupal community), and this is not a change that should happen once it is in beta. This will include the following:

This should happen after the module is released as a 2.0, and this shift should be a 2.1 version which also incorporates UI improvements, in my opinion.

Status:Active» Postponed

Marking as postponed, meaning that this will come after 2.0 stable.

Sounds good.

Status:Postponed» Closed (works as designed)

Done in D7.

Hey @tmcw, this is awesome. Is this just a cosmetic change (menu titles) or a fundamental change (DB table change)?

Version:6.x-2.x-dev» 7.x-2.x-dev
Category:feature» task
Status:Closed (works as designed)» Active

Maybe I am missing something, but everything still says Presets in D7. Re-opening.

I have started a new branch for this issue as its fairly substantial and will need some testing:
http://drupal.org/node/177400/git-instructions/806318-rename-preset-to-maps

Some automatic changes:

  • variable openlayers_default_preset => openlayers_default_map
  • DB table: openlayers_map_presets => openlayers_maps

Some non-automatic changes:

  • Classes in the map HTML output have changed.
  • The hook to provide maps has changed.

Still needs a little love, but initial check seems to be ok.

Status:Active» Fixed

This is now done

Status:Fixed» Needs work

after upgrading, the old map preset which i had stored in features was lost.

i was able to recover functionality by comparing a fresh "map" feature export to the old "map preset" export and renaming definitions in the feature module files accordingly.

we might need to open another issue for the features integration part of this issue, but i think old preset should not get lost regardless if one uses features or not

it might also be of interest to follow the following features issue in order to find out how provide a features upgrade path for changing export definitions #1113060: Fix upgrade path for recent views integration changes

Status:Needs work» Active

I really have little idea on how to address this issue. I know CTools allows a plugin to define specific hooks for it, maybe this is the key?

So, with @phayes' help, we came up with a hackish backwards compatibility solution. Basically, in the map hook implementation, we call hook_presets to get any old presets, and go through any features that have any presets.

This is not full backwards compatibility as features will look weird, but it will allow for maps to still work and for messages to be shown to administrators to make changes.

The message part has not been committed yet.

Ok, set a requirement that tells the user about features or traditional hook implementations are in use. I also added a Drupal message on OL pages if this is the case.

So, the last thing to do is update the documentation page: http://drupal.org/node/1136810

Status:Active» Fixed

All done! Haven't really heard any issue yet about this.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.