Hello, if I have a multilingual site, as I have for every home the banner?
Grazie
Tz

Comments

i have read handbook:
Displaying the banner on all pages

To display the banner on all pages, rename the page.tpl.php to another name then rename page-front.tpl.php to page.tpl.php (Danland 6.x-1.x).

For Danland 6.x-2.x, after renaming the page-front.tpl.php to page.tpl.php then you must change the following code in template.php:

if (drupal_is_front_page()) {
drupal_add_js(drupal_get_path('theme', 'danland') . '/scripts/jquery.cycle.all.js');
}
to

drupal_add_js(drupal_get_path('theme', 'danland') . '/scripts/jquery.cycle.all.js');

but how can see superfish not only in the Default front page but but also in the translated front page?

Hi,

How is your multilingual site url format?

Dan

hello, I found the solution thanks to this post
http://www.drupalitalia.org/node/11764

thank you

Status:Active» Closed (fixed)

Hi,

Your problems is solved. I'll close this.

Thanks,
Dan

Title:Banner in homepage multilingualMultilanguage home/front page
Version:6.x-2.0» 7.x-1.0
Assigned:Tiziano1974» Unassigned
Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

I am reopening this one and setting to 7.x because I am having trouble getting the site's front page to display properly for every enabled language. The issue is that the front page displays the same content no matter what language was chosen. I explain in detail below, but if it is not clear, let me know and I will provide step-by-step instruction of how to reproduce this.

Say that the English URL for the front page is http://www.my-site.net/en and the Greek is http://www.my-site.net/gr (I am using 'Path prefix' as URL language detection configuration method). I have created a http://www.my-site.net/en/page/welcome English page and a http://www.my-site.net/gr/page/welcome that is the Greek translation of the English. I have tried these:

1. Set my site's front page to a http://www.my-site.net/page/welcome.

2. Added $conf['i18n_variables'] = array( 'site_frontpage', ); to my settings.php and set the English front page to http://www.my-site.net/en/page/welcome and the Greek to http://www.my-site.net/gr/page/welcome

In both cases, when the language switcher is used the switching from one language to the other works fine (the URL is changed from http://www.my-site.net/en to http://www.my-site.net/gr and vice-versa), but each time I have only English content displayed in the content area.

I also tried to switch the language *not* from the language switcher, but from the node links. Then I am taken to the page with the correct language content, but the URL is not the front page's URL (http://www.my-site.net/en or http://www.my-site.net/gr) - it is the node's URL (http://www.my-site.net/en/page/welcome). So I either have:

http://www.my-site.net/en front page with English content
http://www.my-site.net/gr front page with English content as well

or (if I switch language from the node's link):

http://www.my-site.net/en front page with English content
http://www.my-site.net/gr/page/welcome node with Greek content (not a front page - no slideshow*)

* I know that if I do this I will have the banner in all pages, but I only want the banner in the front page.

Subscribing.

Hello,

I have the same problem. Expandable menu items simply does not work when translating my originally Norwegian site to English.
Has there been any progress to this? I see that the last post is rather old, and fear that this is a "dead" topic?
The italian fix did not work (and I'll politely refrain from making any kind of more or less insulting suggestions... :P No, Italians are great(!), but it may be that the googlesk translation of the italian post was leading me down the wrong path, who knows...).

Anyway, it does not work for me, and I've tried all I can think of now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, thanks for a fantasticly looking (and for the most part brilliantly working) theme! I simply love it! :) And the CiviCRM friendliness doesn't harm either :)

huh. I'm not sure what I did unfortunately, but all of a sudden it WORKS!

Well well, I'm happy :) Thanks again for a fantastic theme!

Title:Multilanguage home/front pageMultilanguage home/front page displays the same content no matter what language is chosen.

Expandable menu items simply does not work...

...errr, this issue is about the site's front page.

Anyways, I have long now been using my own custom themes and I have no such problem. This issue had no reply since past February and no new version of the theme since January. OTOH, from the project's stats one can see that an increasing number of people is using this theme (mainly its 7.x version). So, I'll leave this open till we have confirmation that the front page actually works as supposed to in multilanguage sites.

Hello klonos.

I know that this is an old thread but I see it has no answer and I discovered after all how to do this so I am posting in case someone else like me end up on this page.

You just need to go on this page http://yourdomain.com/admin/config/regional/i18n/variable and under "Site information" tab from the left column you just have to check the "Default front page".

After that on the page http://yourdomain.com/admin/config/system/site-information you will have on the header the variable switcher for your languages, so you just need to complete the fields for each one and your done.

I hope this will server to someone.

Kind regards,
Tirlea Doru

Hello there,

I'm racking my brains trying to make the front page appear in different languages.
After reading some blogs and coming here it seems that the solutions resides at http://yourdomain.com/admin/config/regional/i18n/variable
The problem is that it doesn't exist in my page.

Will keep trying things, but if anybody has suggestions I'm open to them...

Thanks.

this post helpful me , thanks