I installed and configured Mollom module for Drupal 7 and it reports that the API keys are invalid. I tested the API keys on a Drupal 6 site with Mollom and it is fine.

Comments

Status:Active» Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Can you try again? We had a temporary server hiccup yesterday, which likely caused this false error.

Status:Postponed (maintainer needs more info)» Active

Still having the problem.

I am also having the same issue. I have copy and pasted the keys from the Mollom site to my Drupal 7 Mollom admin section and I get "The configured Mollom API keys are invalid." I have even deleted the subscription and started over to be sure.

Thanks for the additional confirmation. Note that there is no need to re-create the site or API keys on mollom.com.

Could you post your site's public API key?

Also, to identify and better understand the cause for this issue, it would be helpful to do the following:

1) Try to enter your API keys on Mollom's settings page.

2) Go to Administration » Reports » Recent log messages, and look for any error log messages that were generated at the time you did 1), or very shortly after. We are only interested in warnings and errors.

3) Copy the full log message entry and paste it into this issue.

Like caelon, I had recreated the API key at mollom.com to be sure.

When I saved the API key (My public key is 915aafb76486903a333a7b38ed297a34), I got the following error message.

Error 1000 from 'http://174.37.205.152' for 'mollom.verifyKey': 'XMLRPC parse problem. The SAX parser returned: The specified field \'params\' is not valid.'
Data:

platform_name = 'Drupal'
platform_version = '7.0-alpha6'
client_name = 'Mollom'
client_version = '7.x-1.x-dev'

Thanks.

I ran the test again with latest versions, drupal-7.0-beta2 and Mollom 7.x-1.x-dev (2010-Oct-25). It verified the API key alright.

I think XMLRPC did not work in alpha version.

Status:Active» Fixed

Ah-ha! That explains it, thanks! Yes, one of the Drupal 7 alphas contained a backwards-incompatible API change to the XML-RPC system.

If you use Drupal 7 already, always make sure that you run the latest available release.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

this is my error log

API keys could not be verified.
Error 900: Network error.
Request: POST http://rest.mollom.com/v1/site/7e37773e8215bd3adf077dddcaaa5665
  platformName = 'Drupal'
  platformVersion = '7.17'
  clientName = 'Mollom'
  clientVersion = '7.x-2.3'
Request headers:
  Accept = 'application/xml, application/json;q=0.8, */*;q=0.5'
  Content-Type = 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
  Authorization = 'OAuth oauth_consumer_key="7e37773e8215bd3adf077dddcaaa5665", oauth_version="1.0", oauth_nonce="a0c1bc7336b2da7dd5d1fed5a83885b8", oauth_timestamp="1354151952", oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1", oauth_signature="K6DUB%2FODqKow8r5xAPhzzmt56%2Fo%3D"'
Response: -111 Connection refused
Error 900: Network error.
Request: POST http://rest.mollom.com/v1/site/7e37773e8215bd3adf077dddcaaa5665
  platformName = 'Drupal'
  platformVersion = '7.17'
  clientName = 'Mollom'
  clientVersion = '7.x-2.3'
Request headers:
  Accept = 'application/xml, application/json;q=0.8, */*;q=0.5'
  Content-Type = 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
  Authorization = 'OAuth oauth_consumer_key="7e37773e8215bd3adf077dddcaaa5665", oauth_version="1.0", oauth_nonce="30b9ea24be1f861ff2c92ebe4aed69ee", oauth_timestamp="1354151958", oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1", oauth_signature="muTC5fAJQr7pysbNoRkH%2FAZsuII%3D"'
Response: -111 Connection refused
API keys could not be verified.