Failed: ALTER TABLE {user_badges_badges} CHANGE `image` `image` v(v, v)
FYI This was returned on the update.
I accidentally posted this under dev prior this is not for dev and changing line code to 216 does not help.

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#4 eror-user-badges.gif41.08 KBThoor

Comments

Status:Active» Fixed

I see the error in an older update function. I fixed it and added a new update (6104) so you can apply it without going back and producing errors. Please test it and let me know.

Committed to 6.x-1.x-dev.

Tested. Worked for me.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

StatusFileSize
new41.08 KB

The same error happened to me, when i tried to update from 6.x-1.5 to 6.x-1.6. When I received the attached error-reports while updating i read this thread here and installed the 6.x-1.x-dev and did the update.php.

No errors where reported then - but is it really the recommended way, to update with an DEV version?

How else would you suggest it be tested by the community? When code is first committed, it becomes part of -dev. When a new release is rolled, it will be included. Until then, maintainers like to have people actually test and report whether it worked or not.

In theory, it would be more recommended to make a copy of your site for test purposes and then update to the dev version on that... but in this case, we're talking about pretty minor changes (looks like to me) and the non dev ver is broken.
So...
FWIW, I haven't seen any problems since I went to the dev ver on 12/4. I am still on Drupal 6.19 though.
(Definitely back up first just in case)

make a copy of your site for test purposes and then update to the dev version on that

That is always the case for all -dev releases. It's documented somewhere as Drupal best practice. Repeating that verbiage in every project page is considered unnecessary.

I always test new module versions on the back up I have of every site I have developed. As a matter of fact, I rarely even run the Update module on production sites - only on my back up sites. It worries sub-admins too much.

And, IIRC, it is the previous stable release that was broken, and affects only those who upgraded from a version prior to that.

Since I don't own this module, I have asked the owner about making a new version so this would be fixed.

Version:6.x-1.6» 6.x-1.x-dev
Status:Closed (fixed)» Needs work

There appears to be a typo in user_badges_update_6104(). It sets the default value for the 'image' field to be a single-quote-mark (apostrophe) character. The schema definition sets the default to an empty string. The double quotes bracketing the two single-quote-marks in the default value should be removed:

db_change_field($ret, 'user_badges_badges', 'image', 'image', array(
    'type' => 'varchar',
    'length' => 255,
    'not null' => FALSE,
    'default' => '',
));

Status:Needs work» Fixed

Thanks, fixed the typo and committed to 6.x-1.x-dev.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.