beginningW2 is a "Web 2.0 style" evolution from my beginning theme.
It has to be considered as another blank canvas for theme developers.
Use beginning as a starting point to help facilitate your theme development. Simply add background
images and you're done !
Same features as beginning theme :
- 960 px centered fixed width layout (supporting screen resolutions of 1024 pixels and up)
- multi-column support (0, 1 or 2 sidebars / auto resizing)
- source-ordered (the content comes before the left and right sidebars in the XHTML source for
increased accessibility and SEO)
- supported features : logo, favicon, name, slogan, mission, comment_user_picture, primary_links,
- W3C standards-compliant : it validates XHTML 1.0 Strict / CSS 2.1
- cross-browser compatible : works in Firefox, IE6, IE 7, Opera, Netscape navigator,
- it is inspired from deco (header area) and Alek 2.0 (footer regions / both sidebars)
Changes compared with beginning theme :
- both sidebars take place at the right (seems to be fashionable ?)
- 14 regions (4 regions in the footer for blocks / 3 for floating "Headerblocks")
1.5 release : This is the final release (and the end) of this project. => You may
now have a look at FuelDeLuxe
I am going to release 7.x branch of this project meanwhile you may consider following themes for your beginning.
- 0 Zilch. Light weight theme serve as starting point(beginning) of your Drupal site. Also useful for focus on usability, legibility and readability.
- White. Advance theme. Classical and web 2.0 design with slideshow and drop-down menu.
- Black. Dark and black light weight theme. Easy to customize.
- GlossyBlue. Beginning (and end) point for blog.
Shivcharan Patil. (Shiv)