The Field Actions module combines the power of Drupal actions with the data in CCK nodes to create new ways of working with your nodes in Drupal. This module enables action enabled modules (such as workflow.module) to reach into your nodes, pull out information, and use it appropriately. This leads to more reuse of data throughout your site, and easier creation of behavior for non-programmers and programmers alike.
Download and install the CCK modules. You may also wish to install something like the rules or workflow module to create triggers for the actions to fire, as actions have no user interface of their own.
Enable these modules on your modules adminstration page, and then enable this module.
- Send email to the creator of the node
User Reference Actions:
- Assign ownership of a node to a user reference field
- Send an email to a user reference field
Node Reference Actions:
- Send email to the author of the node selected in the node reference field
- Set the value of a node reference field to a specific node id
- Set a node reference to a parent node
Create a node type that uses any of the fields listed in the Current Actions section of this file.
Visit yousite.com/admin/actions and select the appropriate action from the drop down list. Choose the right field from your list of options, complete the form, and save your action. It is now ready to use in a workflow or other action enable module.