The TAC Unpublished module is an extension module for Taxonomy Access Control (TAC). It allows TAC's grants to control unpublished nodes.
This module allows administrators to grant certain roles the Use Taxonomy Access Control for unpublished nodes permission. Users with this permission can access unpublished nodes according to TAC's taxonomy-based grants. Users without the permission are denied access for unpublished nodes.
Because of a current limitation on taxonomy indexing and unpublished nodes, the module uses Taxonomy Entity Index (TEI) as its term index. TEI adds nontrivial overhead. This is probably not a huge concern for most sites, but large or high-traffic sites may wish to consider an alternate method. For more information see . Once this issue is fixed, the functionality provided by this module will be merged into Taxonomy Access Control and TEI will no longer be necessary.
For background and details on this module, see.
TAC Unpublished was developed in cooperation with sebastian.haas for the Austrian school system BIFIE.
Important: If you install this module and its dependency (TEI) on a site with existing content, see.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Access Control, Security, Taxonomy, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 60 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 370
- Last modified: September 27, 2012