User List Export allows you to automatically manage access to Samba shares and semi-automatically manage access to SVN repositories based on Drupal user roles by writing simple access list files.
For instance, to give all Drupal users with the role "Samba users" access to a Samba share, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Userlist Export configuration page under the Users menu. Under "File prepend text" enter
write list =. Select the "Samba users" role for export. If you are on a domain, you can prepend the domain name to user names; otherwise leave that field blank. Finally select a filename and path such as
- Set up Samba to grant access based on this file by editing your Samba share configuration file and adding the line
include = /path/to/drupal/sites/default/files/samba/write_list.conf
SVN access files are generated in a similar manner. However, they work in a very specific way: you must have Organic Groups installed, and each group must have a path that matches a path in the SVN repository. Access to directories in the repository is based on access to the equivalent group in Drupal.
Development / maintenance status
I have no immediate plans / funding for further development. However, I will accept RTBC patches.
If development were to continue, I'd like to leverage Tokens, Rules and/or Actions (to regenerate files when a user is updated or on cron runs), Views (to generate the actual format of the access file and list of users), and/or CTools (to support multiple export profiles).
Please consider donating to support continued development
Drupal 7 version
The dev release has not been tested at all- please let me know if you find issues with it.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, File Management, Import/Export, Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 22 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,944
- Last modified: April 17, 2011