ZipCart provides a means to download many files at once. Users may select multiple files for download (adding files to a "cart"), then fetch them all as a single bundled Zip archive.
Please read the README.txt in the module directory. There's a demo as well which shows it in action (with minimal themeing).
- Adds a block which provides a link to the user's download cart.
- Checks file access against both hook_file_download() (so existing modules can restrict file access via Zip download).
- Provides custom hook_filterzip() with which you can add additional download restrictions or additions (eg, always include README.txt in the Zip).
- Prevents download of files outside site's default files folder.
- Cool JS animations if JS is enabled to see the downloaded item zoom to the cart.
- Works without JS enabled too, just no animations or AJAX-y clicks.
PHP5 is required to use ZipArchive class, which is currently the only implemented Zip method.
Known problems / How can you help?
- More Zip or bundling methods could be implemented, eg other PHP Zip implementations, RAR, tgz etc.
- Testing and feedback!
- requested feedback on this module from a security standpoint. Feel free to post your worst case scenarios there!