In this example you will learn how to add content to a Drupal 7 site.
Before we begin: Make sure you are logged in as a user who has the right to create content – ask your system administrator if you are not sure; otherwise, some of the fields you need to select will not be visible.
- Select Add content from the front page (either in the Navigation menu or one of the menus un the header.
- This brings up a screen asking what type of content you wish to add.
- Select Article. The only major difference between Basic Page and Article is that you have the ability to upload an image when creating an Article; a Basic Page is for a static page.
- A form will appear allowing you to enter information for your Article.
- Enter a Title for the page in the Title text box: for example, Test Article.
- In the Body area enter some text. If you have an already written block of text for your site, you can just cut and paste it into this area.