- Drupal contributions
1. Created and run the Michigan Drupal Meetup Group since Jan 2009 (http://michigandrupal.com).
2. Taught multiple Drupal classes at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, MI.
3. Presented at Metro Detroit user groups and web groups including Ann Arbor Drupal User Group, Metro Detroit Drupal User Group, Refresh Detroit, and others.
4. Write instructional blogs on how to use Drupal (http://commercialprogression.com).
5. Contributed to the Drupal Association since 2009.
6. Provided feedback, troubleshooting, and patches on drupal.org.
7. Sponsored the first DrupalCamp Michigan 2011.
8. Designed and taught a 3 month program called Shifting Code in connection with Ann Arbor SPARK and Michigan Economic Development Corporation to train 25+ unemployed and underemployed IT workers to become Drupal Developers.
9. Co-hosted the first Michigan Drupal Summer Minicamp with Commerce Guys.
10. Host a monthly meetup called Drupal Coders & Coffee specifically focused on contributing back to the Drupal project.
11. Eat, breathe, and live Drupal!
- Roles in working with Drupal
- I run a growing Drupal shop in Metro Detroit that provides world class Drupal expertise for big name brands including National Geographic Channel, University of Michigan, Warrior Sports, TRW, Detroit Public Television, and many others.
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I help in the Drupal support forums
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I give support on IRC
- I help mentor new contributors
- I attended DrupalCon Portland 2013
- I attended DrupalCon Denver 2012
- I attended DrupalCon San Francisco 2010
- I attended DrupalCon Chicago 2011
- Full name
- Alex Fisher
- First or given name
- Last name or surname
- Languages spoken
- English; Spanish
- My website
- United States
- IRC nick
- LinkedIn profile
- Twitter url
I eat, breathe, and live Drupal.
- Job title
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- Web, Streaming Video, Hardware, Software, Automotive
- Companies worked for
- Commercial Progression, Move Networks, Ford Motor Company, Leightronix
- Member for
- 5 years 11 months
- Test Project (2 commits)
- Total: 2 commits