- Drupal contributions
I have also reviewed dozens of new project applications and give regular mentoring and support on the forums.
This is a fun idea from Webchick, i mark down some dates when something i consider significant happened, they are awesome to look back at later!
03.12.2009 My first patch to a contrib module(i think, this one is bit hard to track), so this could be
considered my first Drupal contribution.
6.5.2011 My first international Drupal event, Drupal Camp Stockholm Spring 2011.
09.10.2011 I get Git vetted access and get to promote my first module to a full project.
2.6.2012 First time as a speaker in a Drupal event(D8 and the death of variables / DrupalCamp Helsinki 2012)
15.6.2012 First major Drupal event, Dev Days Barcelona. Here i personally met Webchick, Sun and bunch of my other Drupal-heroes for the first time ;)
24.8.2012 I attend DrupalCon for the first time in Münich. Not the last, for sure!
01.09.2012 Druid gets founded!
24.9.2012 My first core patch get’s commited to Drupal 8 by Dries, yay!
- Roles in working with Drupal
- Architect, developer, site builder(even themer when forced, please do not ;)
- I contributed Drupal patches
- I contributed Drupal modules
- I contributed Drupal installation profiles
- I contributed to Drupal issue queues
- I contributed Drupal documentation
- I contributed Drupal translations
- I reviewed Project applications
- I help in the Drupal support forums
- I provide Drupal-related services
- I give support on IRC
- I help mentor new contributors
- I attended DrupalCon Prague 2013
- I attended DrupalCon Munich 2012
- Full name
- Roni Kantis
- First or given name
- Last name or surname
- Languages spoken
- English; Finnish
- My website
- PHP, Drupal and everything it involves, bleeding edge technologies and gadgets, music, sound production.
- IRC nick
- Twitter url
I have worked as an Architect, developer and site builder on various projects for different companies. I have experience on REST/web services, installation profiles, (gazillion) custom modules, features, scalability and basically i have some kind of touch on all different sides of Drupal.
I have also themed probably 20+ sites, but still my CSS/DOM sucks, so i'll gladly leave that part to others. I follow Drupal scene on a daily basis and actively seek and test the bleeding edge innovations around and inside it.
- Job title
- Drupal Architect
- Current company or organization
- Industries worked in
- Media (Sound production for TV/Movies/Radio), Various IT-industries.
- Companies worked for
- Druid, Soprano Brain Alliance, KWDesign, Finnish Geodetic Institute, City of Espoo
- Member for
- 5 years 5 months
- Over 50 edits
- IP Ranges (25 commits)
- Area Print (22 commits)
- Create-editor (19 commits)
- Views Supertable (16 commits)
- Brain Forum Moderation (12 commits)
- Stonehenge (10 commits)
- Taming git+drupal.org (7 commits)
- Timelinr (6 commits)
- Drupal.fi (6 commits)
- Brain Forum (6 commits)
- Symfony 2 brainstorm (5 commits)
- Stonehenge hackathon (3 commits)
- Context Accordion (3 commits)
- VIE.js (2 commits)
- Total: 142 commits