When the Content Translation module is enabled you can translate site content into different languages. Working with the Locale module (which manages the enabled languages and provides translation for the site interface), the Content Translation module is key to creating and maintaining translated site content.
Configure content translation
- Navigate to the Permissions page (Administration > User permissions in Drupal 6, or Administration > People > Permissions in Drupal 7) and assign the “translate content” permission to the appropriate user roles.
- Navigate to the Languages page (Administration > Settings > Language in Drupal 6, or Administration > Configuration > Regional and language > Languages in Drupal 7) and add and enable desired languages.
Enable translation support for a content type
- Navigate to the Content types administration page (Administration > Content > Types in Drupal 6, or Administration > Structure > Content types in Drupal 7).
- Select a content type you want translated, and select "edit", then "Workflow settings" for Drupal 6 or "Publishing options" for Drupal 7.
- At the "Multilingual support" section, select "Enabled, with translation".
- Be sure to save each content type after enabling multilingual support.