Make sure you visit the Permissions page after you update.
New permissions have been added!
#1667486: Contextual Links in File Entity
#1215712: Add a views field handler for displaying the rendered file
#1296268: Add Preview and Teaser view modes
#1418644: Add multilingual support for files
#1292382: Make it possible to create any number of custom File Types
#1298838: Ease alteration of the Files administration page's query
#1227706: Add a file entity access API
#1286508: Provide a file usage report tab at file/%file/usage
#1553094: Alt and Title support for Images
#1707108: Recoverable fatal error: Argument 3 passed to file_entity_add_upload() must be an array, string given
#1776300: Respect field settings like minimum - maximum size when used as image field
#1736624: File entity preprocess help text incorrect
#1809408: file_type_get_names() doesn't always return an array, yet it is assumed that it does
#1447742: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in file_icon_path() (line 808 file/file.module)
#1358860: File Entity won't render image derivatives for images stored using non-local stream wrappers
See here for a complete list with changes:
Changes since 7.x-2.0-unstable5:
- #1665284: Add file/add and file/add/* to file_entity_admin_paths(). The administration theme will now be used on those paths).
- Revising and cleaning up file replacement code and tests.
- #1123570: Ensure that the image field data's dimensions are updated when a file is replaced.
- #1123570: Added local file replacement functionality on file/%file/edit with tests.
- #1632828: Added support for Microsoft Office XML extensions by default.
- #1664592: Added a configure link in file_entity.info to admin/structure/file-types.
- Cleaned up file_entity_add_upload() and made it easier to modify the validators on the managed file element.
- #1600624: Moved the 'Add file' local action for admin/content/file from Media to File entity.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-unstable4:
- #1394826 by rlmumford, Dave Reid, andrewbelcher, dgorton | dob_, mtift, Dave Reid: Added upload progress to the file add page and Upload Media browser tab.
- #1552988 by Letharion, mtift | Dave Reid, dgorton, fabsor: Move file/add from media to file.
- #1553020: Alter the [file:name] token description to accurately reflect that it could be a user-provided file name and not the on-disk file name.
Changes since 7.x-2.0-unstable3:Read more
Changes since 7.x-2.0-unstable2:
- #1210432: Fixed file name was uneditable.
- Shorten the error message shown if no files are selected at admin/content/file.
- #1287302, #1396648: Return an empty array from file_view_multiple() if is an empty array.
- Noted in file_entity_file_mimetype_mapping_alter() when each mapping was fixed in core.
- #1258286 by Berdir, Dave Reid: Add static cache to file_displays().
- #1349640: Added support for the 'uri callback' for file entities.
- #1347624: Added support for .webp files and the image/webp MIME type.
- Follow-up #1270036 by yareckon, DamienMcKenna: Fixed PHP notice: Undefined index #theme in file_build_content() in file_entity.file_api.inc.
- Add image dimensions to the image file formatter.
- #1327398: Fixed the image file formatter should return output for any images that the current toolkit can support.
- #1304462: Fixed pager does not work on admin/content/file.
Initial unstable release of the File entity module to be used with Media 7.x-2.0-unstable2. As this release is still unstable, APIs may change and there could be major bugs. Use at your own risk and make sure to have a database backup before using or upgrading.
This branch of File entity should be used if you are using the 7.x-2.x branch of Media module. If you are using the 7.x-1.x branch of Media, you should not be using this module but rather then built-in version of file_entity provided with Media.