7.x-2.11 release plan
#1468560: Different video aspect ratios don't all display
#1621732: How to get metadata for a video in code (eg. showing video duration in node.tpl)
#1604806: Files not exposed to rules
#1408718: How to fix the height and width of video played?
#1787702: 4:3 content does not play or pause with correct dimensions
#1792446: Re-queue video conversion in bulk
#1737252: Token support for video URL and video thumbnail image
#1662970: Add support for tokens on file path
When you intend to use FFmpeg to transcode videos, make sure your FFmpeg installation handles all the file formats before installing the module. Linux distributions using precompiled binaries, such as Ubuntu, usually do not provide the best compile options and it is advised to compile FFmpeg yourself.
The following guides will help you to get a good FFmpeg installation:
- Ubuntu: FFmpeg compilation guide
- Ubuntu: guide to enhance your FFmpeg installation using precompiled packages
- Gentoo: make sure to setup the right USE flags before installing
- Windows: Windows packages
List of changes
Backwards incompatible changes since 7.x-2.10:
Bug fixes since 7.x-2.10:
- #1997762 by Jorrit: Fixed dimensions for FFmpeg not being even.
- #1990286 by Jorrit: Fixed custom video dimensions not working.
- Fixed bug where 'Default for this extension' video/audio codec no longer worked.
Enhancements since 7.x-2.10:
- #1986270 by Jorrit: Added a warning when a Zencoder job is cancelled.
- #1991238 by Jorrit: Added more supported file extensions to be used in the field settings.
New features since 7.x-2.10:
- #1155628 by heshan.lk: Added support for opening videos in a Colorbox overlay in the Video Thumbnail field formatter.
Documentation changes since 7.x-2.10:
Other changes since 7.x-2.10: