I have a Drupal 7.7 installation that sends no notifications when updates are available to modules or Drupal core, despite the fact that:
- Cron is running correctly every hour.
- The site successfully sends emails for other purposes, so
- Update notifications appear in the administration pages when updates are available.
- The settings in 'Available updates' include:
- Check for updates daily
- Check for updates of disabled modules and themes
- Correct working email addresses are given for notifications
- Email notification threshold is 'All newer versions'
The expected behaviour from the above configuration is that the listed email addresses receive notifications when new updates are available. The actual behaviour is that no notifications are sent. There are similar reports at http://drupal.org/node/1039812
Drupal version: 7.7
OS: FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p2
Database: MySQL 5.1.54-log
Web server: Apache/2.2.17 (FreeBSD) mod_hcgi/0.8.0 mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/1.0.0c DAV/2