I've rewritten the output of a field that now contains several other fields, eg:
To do this I've excluded the original fields. I also gave them custom labels or kept the original label. After that I adjusted some style settings (Customize field HTML, Customize label HTML).
The rewriting of the field itself works fine, but the labels are missing, eventhough they're checked in the field settings (Create a label). Another thing is that the tags selected in the field's style settings are ignored.
I know I could write those labels down in the output field, but in that case empty fields will still show their label, which is not done nowadays. It also creates a whitespace when the field is empty if there's no label, eventhough the option "Hide if empty" is checked in the "No results behavior" of that very field.