Posted by sun on August 11, 2012 at 7:11pm
- The 99% use-case of Drupal is a single site without multi-site functionality — but yet, we throw that entire concept into everyone's face.
- Simplify Drupal's directory layout for single-site installations.
/sites/all/*completely in favor of top-level
*with "modules", "themes", "profiles", etc.)
- #22336: Move all core Drupal files under a /core folder to improve usability and upgrades
- #562042: Search for install profiles in sites/[all|site]/profiles folders, and move core profiles into /core/profiles
- #1055862: Require sites.php to opt-in for multi-site support/functionality
- #1055856: Optimize settings.php discovery