Responsive themes (including Drupal 8 core themes) will require using a variety of image sizes at different resolutions, so
- Images are optimized for screen and bandwidth.
- Anonymous page caching will work out-of-the-box.
- Other modules can easily alter the output for.
We need a unified way to handle breakpoints (media queries) defined by themes and modules, this patch adds the following:
Breakpoints can be defined by a theme/module using a yml file:
There's automatically a breakpoint group created for each theme/module that defines breakpoints.
Themes/modules can also define new breakpoint groups using a yml files:
Remaining tasks in follow-up issues
- Work on breakpoints UI. See also #1775302: Do a UX review of Breakpoint module
- Add picture element, see #1775530: Move picture into core
Original report by [Jeff Burnz]
see #1170478: Responsive Images for the background discussion