This documentation is written for the 7.x-2.x version of Display Suite.
Display Suite exposes all its settings (displays, fields and view modes) to CTools. This allows you to easily move the displays that you configured to another environment (e.g., from the development to the staging environment).
You can export Display Suite settings with the modules Features or the CTools sub module Bulk Export.
Export settings using Bulk Export
- Enable the module Bulk Export at Administration > Modules (admin/modules)
- Go to Administration > Structure > Bulk Exporter (admin/structure/bulk-export)
- Choose the vertical tab "Display Suite"
- Select all the elements that you want to export
- Enter a module name, e.g., "ds-settings"
- Click "Export". Bulk Export generates export code that needs to be placed in a module.
- Create a folder, e.g., "ds-settings" in the modules directory of your website. Copy and paste the export code into the respective files, e.g., "ds-settings.info", "ds-settings.module" and "ds-settings.inc".
You can now move this module to another environment (e.g., staging) and enable it there.
When the module is enabled, Drupal keeps track of any changes and lets you revert any changes made in the user interface.