Last updated May 15, 2013.
The Drupal 8 Mobile Initiative is a concerted effort to make Drupal 8 a first-class mobile platform. This is the official place to discuss challenges and plans to make Drupal 8 the best mobile CMS on the planet! Read the introductory blog post by John Albin Wilkins, the D8 Mobile Initiative leader.
Want to understand what has happened in the Drupal 8 mobile initiative till date, checkout Shyamala’s Blog on the mobile initiative.
We need documenters, reviewers, thinkers and coders.
Key meta issues to track
#1870944: [Meta] Mobile friendly admin pages
#1921610: [Meta] Architect our CSS
#1510532: [META] Implement the new create content page design
#1846970: [meta] Responsive Toolbar follow-ups
Most important places to help 5/15/2013
Further to Dries blog on Reducing risk in the Drupal 8 release schedule at http://buytaert.net/reducing-risk-in-the-drupal-8-release-schedule there is a need to consolidate and make sure that the CSS architecture fixes do not become a blocker. To ensure the same John has moved the fixes & issues around CSS Architecture to the JohnAlbin’s Mobile initiative sandbox. This will also ensure that all the commits are consolidated and pushed as meaningful chunks.
#1872598: Bartik Settings page in Small screens
#1861702: Add a responsive grid to the Appearance page
#1490402: Redesign tabs for touch screens
#1876208: Alignment of Add to shortcuts image in NARROW Screens
#1888474: Left col and Right col overlap in Narrow screens
#1261002: Draggable tables do not work on touch screen devices
Couple of #drupal toolbar novice issues NEEDS WORK at https://drupal.org/project/issues/search/drupal?status%5B%5D=Open&versio... …
With Dries confirming no support for IE 8 in Drupal 8, support needed to remove IE 8 at #1993322: [Meta] Drop IE8 support. This issue is about listing all IE8-related issues and tracking the progress of IE8 removal. Everything that will be undone here should be ported to the ie8 module to make sure it's possible for contrib to add back the compatibility
Never contributed before? Try tackling one of these simpler issues:
- #1925748: dropbutton in narrow views ui
- #1341792: Ship minified versions of jQuery and jQuery UI
- #1751584: Remove jQuery dependency from drupal.js
- #1389058: Update html5shiv-printshiv to the latest (minified) version - currently 3.6.2 final.
- #1912610: Rename layout classes to follow the layout style naming convention
- #1902862: Alignment of comments in narrow screens
- #1872598: Bartik Settings page in Small screens
- #1887800: Add mobile friendly meta tags to the maintenance page
- #1876208: Alignment of Add to shortcuts image in NARROW Screens
- #1888474: Left col and Right col overlap in Narrow screens
- #1861702: Add a responsive grid to the Appearance page
- #1898354: minimize module page's Description click area
- #1899616: Table Headings Float instead of being sticky at the top on small screens