Last updated July 20, 2012.
Why You Should Sign Up On Drupal.org
You came for the software, so be a part of the community!
Signing up for a user account on Drupal.org is the first step to participating in the Drupal community. There are many reasons why you should sign up for a Drupal.org account, but a very compelling reason is that you will be able to see and do the following things that you can not see or do prior to registering:
- Post questions in the Drupal.org Forum.
- Report a bug in a module or theme's issue queue.
- Request new features in a module or theme.
- Report documentation errors.
- Filter modules, themes and translations by Drupal version.
Not only does this help you, but every issue, bug, or error that is reported by you and gets fixed is a benefit to the entire Drupal community!
Please note: All user accounts are for individuals. Accounts created for more than one user or those using anonymous mail services will be blocked when discovered.
How To Register
- Find the new account registration page, by either
- Clicking on the "Login / Register" tab in the header of any page on the site, then click on "Create new account" or,
- Going directly to the registration page.
- Fill out the form.
Username: (Required) Your username can be your full name or your nickname. You can use numbers or letters, but punctuation is not allowed except for periods, hyphens, and underscores.
Email address: (Required) You have to provide a valid email address. This address is not made public and will only be used by the system to send out new passwords, news, and notifications.
Full name: (Optional) Include more than one forename if you have them.
Country: (Required) Select the country you live in.
- Wait for the confirmation email from
If you filled out the form correctly you will receive an email with your initial password and a one-time login link. Now you can login.
If you failed to get the email, check to make sure you didn't misspell your address, and that your spam filter didn't block the email.
- Log in, using either the "Login / Register" tab, directly from the Login page, or by clicking on the one-time login link in the email you just received.
If you entered the password directly, make sure you enter your password exactly as specified in the email. (The password is case sensitive.)
- Change your password by entering a new password in the “Password” and “Confirm password” fields, and clicking “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- Optionally, edit your profile information by clicking the “Edit” tab just below your username. This allows you to customize your http://drupal.org/ account including time zone, email account, full name, etc.