This is another bug-fix release containing the following improvements:
- Issue #1985674 by IWasBornToWin: Exclude authcache on ajax file-upload menu callback
#1985674: Ajax not working on node edit page. Authcache seems to cache page regardless of settings
- Issue #1983892 by IWasBornToWin: Fix warnings in _authcache_comment_num_new ajax callback
#1983892: Warning: array_combine() expects parameter & Warning: array_map() [function.array-map]
- Issue #1966182 by anik8z: Site displays gibberish when authcache is enabled
#1966182: Site displays gibberish when authcache is enabled
Note that in this release the standard bootstrap level for delivering cached pages changed from DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_PAGE_CACHE (or DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_DATABASE when the database backend is used) to DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_VARIABLES. This is actually a much safer default configuration. When using a third party cache-class for the page-cache (like e.g. memcache), it is possible to circumvent hitting the database completely by specifying
$conf['page_cache_without_database'] = TRUE along with all the configuration options necessary for the third party cache class in
This is another bug-fix release containing the following improvements:
- #1916442 by quickly: Prevent strict-warning in _authcache_backendstatus()
#1916442: Strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in _authcache_backendstatus()
- #1917040 by bkonetzny: Fix package name in authcache example module
#1917040: Authcache Example reports wrong package in info-file
- #1939038 by Gastonia: Do not set cookies on install when run from command line
#1939038: Warnings when enabling with Drush
- #1939046 by Gastonia: Fix strict warning when saving configuration options
#1939046: Strict warning when setting configuration options
- #1481036 by RumpledElf: Fix notice undefined offset: 0 in _authcache_is_account_cacheable()
#1481036: Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in _authcache_is_account_cacheable()
- #1967694 by Punk_UnDeaD: Fix AJAX callback for multilingual sites with path-prefix
#1967694: ajax block in multilingual site
Additionally the following improvements were made:
- Remove a potentially harmful call to
- Remove a call to
hook_init. Drupal 7 always starts output buffering.
- Move authcache ajax settings in block configuration into vertical tabs, otherwise the settings are displayed in an awkward position (either at the top or at the bottom of the form)
This is the second and probably last maintenance release for authcache 7.x-1.x. The following issues are resolved in this release:
- Do not cache pages when a status-message is shown
- Backport of
hook_authcache_request_excludefrom 7.x-2.x #1904316: Allow edit of $_authcache_is_cacheable
- Fix forum-support
- Fix block-support
- Fix support for tabs and local-tasks
- Fix support for poll-module
- Fix comment-form and edit-own-comment link
A rewrite of authcache is well underway. Please keep an eye on the 7.x-2.x branch.
When upgrading from a dev-release prior to 2013-04-11, the authcache_debug module must be disabled during the upgrade. It can be re enabled afterwards.
The authcache 2.x branch is everything about breaking up the code into several submodules. First this allows deactivating support-code for core-modules not in use. Second by using our own API, it will automatically improve such that third-party integration becomes much easier.
The following things changed in the 7.x-2.x branch:
- Extract AJAX-support into an optional submodule
- Extracted support for the following core modules into separate submodules: block, comment, contact, forum, poll, statistics
- Extracted the debug widget into its separate submodule
- Split up ajax/authcache.php and placed submodule-specific code into the proper places.
- Split up authcache.js as well as convert everything to Drupal.behaviors.
- Get rid of all global variables
- Get rid of
cache_uidcookie and generally leak less unnecessary info.
- clean up some D6 code remnants (znerol)
- fix site-wide contact form issue (znerol)
- code clean up of authcache.php (znerol)
- exclude private and temporary file download links (znerol)
- add option to exclude pages based on "is_page_admin" flag (znerol)
- add better subtab navigation in authcache config (creaoy, awm086 and znerol)
- add "multi-variant" caching functionality (ability for devs to have their own custom cache keys.
see http://drupal.org/node/966152#comment-6906912 for explanation
Users are strongly recommended to upgrade from the dev version.
fix: Do not call node_tag_new on nonexistent nodes.
It is not possible to find authcache from admin/config settings
fix: Blocks disappears when is checked "Load block with Ajax on cached Authcache pages"
Initial dev release of D7 port
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2
- Made "Disable caching for this browser session" nocache option not receive cached pages
- Fix for Memcache API 6.x-1.4 for flusing expired cache tables
#683108: authcache with memcache serves old content.
- Changed rulesets for caching roles: "authenticated user (without additional roles)" doesn't need to be checked to enable caching for other roles.
#586934: Explain that "authenticated user" role is required by other user roles
- Prevent Ajax requests from being cached
#603700: "Authcache Footer JSON" text being appended to ajax JSON when full bootstrap is done.
- In debug mode, display all Authcache Ajax requests called via Authcache.ajaxRequest();
#628712: Ajax callback not even called for authcache_example module (hidden parsererror)
- More specific form token handling code (help prevent Validation Errors when using certain contributed modules)
#670238: Validation Error
- Delete authcache_debug cookie if debugging is disabled
(Had to remove "authcache_debug" page to support this feature)
#595506: Debugging options are not taken into account unless the cookie is deleted
- W3C valid script tags
#581856: not w3c valid
- Misc. Drupal code standards cleanup
RELEASE CANDIDATE 1
- Removed Cache Router fork code (must download Cache Router separately)
- Removed "Maximum page lifetime" since this conflicts with cache handler modules (pages stored with CACHE_TEMPORARY ttl, like Drupal core)
- More modular support for cache handler modules #566086: Integration with the cache module.
- Added "Non-HTML Cached Pages" configuration textbox #560808: Bug with debug info in the end of file
- Added cache support for all XML pages #574600: XML Sitemap incompatibility
UPGRADING FROM BETA
If you are upgrading from a beta version (if you have been using Authcache before 2009-09-13), please delete the "authcache" module directory and then extract the new release.
"ajax_authcache.php" also no longer needs to be in the Drupal root directory. Make sure to follow the new configuration settings (like downloading the latest Cache Router and using the correct $conf values in settings.php).
- More informative debugging messages and fixed "n/a" cache_render issue? Using Etag caching headers instead of Last-Modified #462786: Authcache_Debug: cache_render statistics occasionally fail, #510894: Can't get APC to populate
- Added integration with Memcache module (http://drupal.org/project/memcache) #495478: Authcache and memcache module integration
- CacheRouter API now obeys "expire" on cache_clear_all(). #511984: Authcache is invalidating forms Maximum page lifetime can no longer be permanent (0), otherwise cache invalidation will fail.
- Less zealous error_get_last() use and deprecated fix #398728: NO_CACHE: "Page not cached."
- Changed Authcache template variables scope #463866: Change scope of $user_name & $user_link variables
- Expanded default no cache paths #460802: Expanded List of Excluded Paths
- Added support for PHP 5.1 #435166: Incompatiable with PHP 5.1
- Fixed timezone typo #462992: Typo in authcache_init() ($conf['configurable_timezones'])
Fixed Views exposed form validation error status message #406508: Validation error on Views with exposed filters
Fixed contact page form validation error for logged in users
Added support for poll.module
Added proper theme code for menu tasks (page tabs)
Added Authcache.getValue() in authcache.js to easily pick out values embedded in class names
Moved authcache_key() out of Cache Router module fork
Fixed #401262: Error in logs (?) -- (When is $_GET undefined?)
Updated Cache Router engine files
#395894: File engine update
#395824: Allow minutes for max page lifetime
Bleeding edge release with new features and bug fixes, though not thoroughly tested.
Use at your own risk.
Next release will be 1.0 stable. Currently in dev:
- New!: Authcache Ajax Blocks feature allows blocks to be easily configured to load during Ajax phase #989964: Allow blocks to be easily loaded during Authcache Ajax phase (aka Ajaxify Regions)
- New: Allow authcache_custom.php to be placed in site settings directory #805644: Location of authcache_custom.php
- New: Option to switch Ajax to POST #916266: Option to switch ajax send method GET/POST by igor.ro, modified to have 'Automatic' setting
- New: Option to disable caching for non-200 OK requests (404/403/etc) #1005660: Don't cache 404 pages
- New: Improved admin UI/debugging
- Change: Cache Drupal Ajax requests by default since this is Drupal core behavior (Ajax caching can be disabled if required); better detection of non-HTML pages.
- Change: Less sensitive info in Authcache Footer JSON #805900: Ajax usage for anonymous users, #984066: Hiding Footer Information from anonymous users
- Change/Fix: Tabs should render correctly. Removed 'tab_hide' functionality (too aggressive and can't handle modules like Node Access). #694438: Edit Tab on Nodes Disappearing after completed page load, #825356: Autcache Tabs
- Change: Use HTML5 "data-" attributes instead of putting data inside CSS classes #1009050: Use HTML5 "data-" attributes instead of putting data inside CSS classes