Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your Drupal site. You can use themes contributed by others or create your own to share with the community. Contributed themes are not part of any official release and may not have optimized code/functionality for your purposes. You can also create a sub-theme of an existing theme. A sub-theme inherits a parent theme's resources. Read more about Sub-theme structure and inheritance. You can also view a full index of themes listing only their titles.
This is a Drupal port of the popular wordpress theme piano black by mono-lab.
The following block regions are available:
right sidebar, footer area, content, below content
The css already includes some classes for ubercart and can be used for ecommerce sites.
In Drupal 7 the previous searchbox theme layer has moved into a block. In order to show the search field in the header you need to add a search block to the header region (structure => blocks).
A cloudy day mobile theme is based on the A Cloudy Day theme. Optimized for iPhone, designed and developed by Carette Donny.
Support for logo, slogan, mission, primary links, secondary link, search, user pictures,...
Regions: Content, Footer
Don't test with sites like iphonetester.com because the theme will only show up, if you are using a mobile browser.
Like this theme? Please consider donating to this project.
Whitebull is a 3 column, clean, elegant, and include a wide image banner. Combination of soft color and good design, that make your website looks like a great website.
- 1,2 or 3 column layout
- More than 19 collapsible block regions
- Superfish drop-down menu (2, 3 or more nested levels)
- Wide image banner 960x398 px. You can replace it for custom look
- Built-in image banner
- XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 validated
- Primary links and secondary links
The wide banner featured in this release using a beautiful photo of Rodrigo, this released under GPL license.
Whitebull use :
Likable Clean Theme is a clean, multi-column Drupal 7 theme with many block regions and a slideshow ready for use.
- Clean design
- Fixed width 1000px
- Multiple columns - 1, 2, or 3
- Multi-level drop-down menus
- Many block regions
- Support custom logo
- Ready to use slideshow
This theme supports the Superfish module.
How to setup the Superfish menu:
A Drupal theme inspired by Nature itself :) It has a fixed width, supports drop down primary links, 1,2 or 3 column layouts tested in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Safari 3.2 & Chrome. The base for the theme has been created with Artisteer 3 utility, and then has been manually modified.
Go to Drupal Administer -> Site Building -> Menus (YourSite/?q=admin/build/menu)
Edit an existing menu or create a new one.
Go to Drupal Administer -> Site Building -> Blocks (YourSite/?q=admin/build/block)
Place menu into the "Menu" region.
NOTE: the "Menu" region can contain only a single menu, or none.
The theme also has a nice vertical menu, to use it just place your menu block into the region called "Left Vertical Menu" or "Right Vertical Menu"
( For more information about menus please visit http://drupal.org/node/102338 )
Granada is a Fusion sub-theme taking advantage of both Skinr and DesignKit. It is recolorable using either one or two colors and may additionally have a background image with opacity. Granada has been designed for use with the Open Outreach distribution but is also available for use independently.
As a Fusion sub-theme it comes with the great variety of regions created by Fusion allowing easy site configuration using blocks. Skinr allows even further “point and click” customization of the blocks.
Designkit has been integrated to allow the site to be recolorable using any hexidecimal color. Color on the site is provided using tints and tones of this one color. A second color can also be added. More on selecting colors below.
Additionally, Designkit allows for easy upload of a logo image as well as a background image, if desired.
Although it's not required, this theme is made with the assumption that the site will be using Commerce. This theme will give a nice, clean design to a Commerce Kickstart installation out of the box. (version 1 out of the box, version 2 requires some updates)
Most of the inspiration for this theme is coming from Adaptive Theme, Bartik, and Omega.
- Commerce-specific template files (cart block, review pane, product-node)
- 960 proportioned fluid grid with ability to set fixed with (960 fixed width = 960 grid).
- Responsive techniques using media queries.
- Cleaning up of form elements specific to product attributes, add-to-cart links, and checkout layouts.
- Cleaning up checkout panes for a better experience and more themer control.
- Theme settings for setting colors, layout options, site framing, and home grids.
- Make version compatible to Commerce Kickstart 2
- Document an update steps from Commerce Kickstart V2 to get storefront to work well with the updated installation.
Update: Development has resumed with new co-maintainers! Stay tuned for new releases!
Zentropy is a flexible, highly-optimized and Responsive HTML5 Base Theme which attempts to bring the best of a couple worlds together:
- Full HTML5 markup, including ARIA roles
- Mobile-friendly, responsive approach
- Highly optimized, building on established techniques
- Built by themers, for themers
- WCAG 2.0 level AA compliance
- Holy Grail layout (no grids™)
- Nice Drush integration
It includes efficient, resetted, layout-driven CSS and markup that is acessible, search engine optimized and doesn't get in your way.
This Drupal 7 theme with clean and smooth design is developed by Creative Development for their Drupal distribution.
This is the Bluemarine theme that was included as part of Drupal 6, 5, and 4.7 (and maybe beyond) core. It was removed from Drupal 7 core, but it continues to live on as a contributed theme at this location.
It is a classic table-based, multi-column, recolorable theme that goes against all modern semantic, responsive, etc. design, but works very well as a utilitarian theme. It is good for when what you want is to display information in a neat and clean way, and you don't care too much about whether the display is pretty, frilly, or fancy.
This version of the theme will allow you to change the colors of some areas, if the Color module is enabled.
**Warning: This theme is not ready yet so don't be surprised if it doesn't look *exactly* like the original design right now.
This is a very initial dev release of the project described here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/20185
For now it's only the theme with one of the designs, but I intend to add color module support and if I have enough time and help add the interface for transparent pngs for the "styles" mentioned in the proposal.
Maybe this theme will also be completely rewritten using Fusion or maybe another Base theme.
If you have any input for what base theme you would like to see used or maybe a feature you would like to see please add an issue.
This theme was featured in these blog posts:
version x.1 and version x.2
- The x.1 release is a release that has a theme that looks like the design.
- The x.2 release will have those options discussed in the original GSoC proposal page, to customize the look of the theme.
Jaded features a clean, light layout with a bright green colour scheme.
- Support for logo, primary links, mission, shortcut icon and user pictures
- Fixed width layout
- Drop-down primary links menu
- Supports both 2 column and 3 column layout
- Cross browser compatible
Tested in IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Safari 3.2 & Chrome
Salamander Skins is largely a ground-up rewrite of the Salamander theme.
The main theme looks much like Salamander but it features 16 more color styles, 15 collapsible regions, suckerfish menus, built-in IE transparent PNG fix, and lots more.
- 1, 2, or 3 column fluid or fixed layout
- Another 12 collapsible block regions
- 17 color styles to choose from: main Salamander theme plus 16 modular sub-themes
- Drop-down for primary links menu (optional)
- Support for secondary links menu
- Support for left or right menus position, fluid or fixed widths (see ReadMe.txt)
- Includes icons for theme links like "read more", "add new comment", etc.
- Valid XHTML 1.0 strict and CSS
- Cross-browser tested in Firefox, IE 6, IE 7, Safari, Google Chrome
- Sub-theme plugin support
Please do let me know of any features you would like to have.
Beale Street is one of GPL theme by RoopleTheme. To see Beale Street in action, take a look at the Beale Street demo site, there is Beale Street for Drupal 5 and 6.
Beale Street is now Drupal 7 / 8 compatible. Look At the Demosite here
Beale Street Features
- 4 Built-In Color Styles - Beale Street comes with four beautiful built in color styles.
- 18 Fully Collapsible Regions - By publishing different blocks to different regions on different pages, you can create an endless combination of great looking page layouts.
- Suckerfish Menus - Beale Street has built-in Son-of-Suckerfish Menu Support for drop-down menus that work in any browser!
- Flexible Widths - Beale Street can be configured for fluid or fixed widths using the easy configuration panel. When using fluid widths, the content and page layout automatically resize to fill the user's screen.
- Adjustable Sidebars - Beale Street lets you specify the width of the sidebars on the theme configuration screen. You can even specify different widths for each sidebar.
- Configurable Font Family - Beale Street lets you select from a list of built-in font choices so that you can customize your site's appearance. And if you don't like the built-in font choices, you can specify your own.
- Simple Setup - Options in Beale Street are super easy to configure. The most frequently used options are provided in a form on the standard template administration page. No need to fumble with CSS and PHP code changes.
- IE PNG Fix (Only Drupal5/6) - Some versions Internet Explorer do not display transparent PNG files correctly. Beale Street includes a popular fix for this bug, so that your site looks great from any browser.
- W3C Valid - Beale Street validates to XMTHL-RDFa according to the W3C standards.
- Compatible - Beale Street is compatible with most modern browsers including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Opera.
- Beautiful Artwork - Beale Street makes it easy to produce a beautiful Drupal site.
this Theme is created orginal by RoopleTheme for Drupal 5 and 6
i have taken the Theme and have it updated for Drupal 7/8
BusinessTime is clean, responsive HTML5 theme by NeptuneThemes that limits images and relies on CSS and CSS3 techniques for much of it's style. It has five levels of responsiveness:
1200px (Modern desktops and laptops)
960px (Tablet landscape)
768px (Tablet portrait)
420px (Phone landscape)
300px (Phone portrait)
At the lowest levels, all menus are converted and combined into a drop down form.
It's built on a 12 column grid, and theme settings allow you to adjust the widths of four preface and postscript regions by selecting grid units (similar to the Omega theme). In addition, the width of the two sidebars as customizable, as is their position: you can have them both appear first, split them left and right, or have both pushed to the right.
There's an animated Superfish dropdown included, and Formalize and Normalize are used to conform the browsers.
The demo uses the Flexslider module for it's slideshow with it's own default styling.
Aurora is an HTML5, Sass and Compass powered minimalist base theme. It is optimized for both responsive and mobile first web design. Built to encourage best modern front end practices, Aurora comes with, LiveReload, Google Chrome Frame, and Typekit integrations, with advanced integrations with Bower for package management and Grunt for task management (Sass compiling, JS Hinting, Image Optimization, and app-free Live Reloading out of the box) available. It also suggests and recommends Drupal modules to get the most out of both Aurora and out of Drupal. All of the optimizations and integrations in Aurora are designed to be there only when you need them and get out of your way when you don't.
All of Aurora's Documentation has been moved online. The most up to date versions of all docs can be found there.
Upgrading to Aurora 3.x
Ginkgo is the default theme for Open Atrium. It is beautiful in it's simplicity and it's extensibility. It is meant to be used right out of the box, but if it is not for you liking it can also be extended via a sub-theme. See documentation on how to sub-theme Ginkgo: https://community.openatrium.com/documentation-en/node/1961
MD Construction Drupal Theme by MegaDrupal. This is free under construction theme for Drupal. This is a simple theme, is used if you modify something in your site.
- 6 colors: blue (default), brown, green, orange, pink, purple
- Cross-browser tested in IE6+, Safari, Firefox and Chrome
- You can change logo, favicon, title, add Google Analytics code... in theme setting page
- To fix png in IE6, download DD_belatedPNG, rename it to "DD_belatedPNG.js" and extract to "js" folder
You can download html/css version here
Precision is a base theme build for Panels Everywhere. It's based on the exact same principles as the 960 grid system, but with a more fine grained grid and some minor feature additions.
The theme is also shipped with some Panels layouts and style plugins making it possible to leverage the grid system from the Panels interface.
Simpler is a simple, tableless, multi column and fluid width theme. This theme is designed to pamper the reader, this can be seen from the choice of font family, font size and color.
Visit Demo site (use theme switcher please).
Site using Simpler theme: www.xpsdev.com.
The theme also designed for cross-browser compatibility; work perfect in Firefox, IE 6, IE 7, IE 8, Safari, Opera and Google Chrome.
- 1, 2, or 3 column layout
- Tableless design for SEO
- Fluid width layout
- Supports custom logo and favicon
- User picture in profile, comments and post
- Primary links and secondary links
- 9 collapsible block regions
- Support other features like site name, slogan, mission and custom search box
In this version we make massive changes, from images, layout, and codes are all different. You could say that this is a new theme with old name, we do this to make Simpler much better and easy for us to maintain it.
iShopping provides a Ubercart-based solution to build small online shopping websites.
Drupal 7, Nucleus basetheme
Fever Drupal theme suits perfectly for news, sports, gaming, entertainment, etc. It is three columns, fix width theme. Two flexible sidebars can be switched on/off. Fourteen block regions, including a large Showcase block that allows you to display a rotating headline beautifully. Five content bottom regions can be structured more interesting way. Stylish white color tune combines with orange color links and buttons, it gives your site a clean, professional look and feel.
Fever theme also has a unique blog style with neat comments layout that support avatar. Fever theme has successfully passed XTHML + CSS W3C standard check. See it yourself for detailed features & demo. Fever also available as Feverultra which including Advanced Forum theme.
- 100% CSS driven
- 2 level droplist navigation menu
Black Lagoon is a clean theme with a div based, fixed width, 3-column layout. The home page has a provision for a sideshow block. It is designed and developed by Zyxware Technologies.
The theme has been tested in Firefox 14.0, Google Chrome 21.0, Chromium 18.0 (all in Ubuntu). The theme is fully XHTML and CSS compliant. Let us know the compatibilities in other browsers and we can update the list here.
This is a re-implementation of the Internet Services (and 2nd Edition) theme by Luka Cvrk. This is a tableless, multi-column, fluid width layout. Parts of the design are ported from K2 theme. This theme is part of the project PantaRei Siren.
(2011-07-25) This theme is now revamp as Zen subtheme (http://drupal.org/project/zen). You will need to install it with this theme as below:
- internet_services 7.x-3.0 => zen 7.x-3.1
- internet_services 6.x-2.20=> zen 6.x-2.1
- internet_services 7.x-3.x-dev => zen 7.x-3.x-dev
- internet_services 6.x-2.x-dev => zen 6.x-2.x-dev
A Quick Review
- 100% open source
- Validate with XHTML 1.0 and CSS2
- Fully tested with Acid2 compatible browsers, e.g. Firefox 4, IE 9, Chrome 11, Safari 5 and Opera 11
- Most likely function with legacy browsers, e.g. Firefox 2/3, IE 7/8, Chrome 9/10, Safari 3/4 and Opera 9/10
- Support multiple (i.e. 1/2/3) columns
- Support both fixed, fluid and liquid width layout
- Support 960 Grid System
- Minimum layout width depend on number of columns
- Support both LTR and RTL layout
- Support custom CSS file, so-called
- Support multiple block regions in Drupal 7.x style
- Fancy icons for meta data from spirit20-GPL