Displays system messages in fully themeable colored horizontal bars on top of the page, similar to Stack Overflow / Stack Exchange network notifications.
- when messages are displayed content is pushed down respectively, so that nothing is covered and everything could be still interacted with,
- alternatively, messages could be fixed to the top of the browser's viewport, so they will always remain visible regardless of scrolling,
- each message has its own "Dismiss" (close) icon,
- optional "Dismiss all" icon is displayed if total number of messages exceeds value defined in module settings,
- messages could be dismissed automatically after a specific time - configurable in module settings for each message type separately,
- hovering mouse cursor over messages resets dismiss timer,
- provides option to re-show all already dismissed messages,
- provides option to display only first n lines of each message, with remaining part shown after clicking on the message,
- provides separate permissions to administer and to access Absolute messages,
- full control over output with template files,
- uses standard jQuery library without other modules or plugins dependencies,
- falls back to standard Drupal's way of displaying messages when JS is not available (or when user does not have access absolute messages permission granted),
- provides option to skip "has_js" cookie checking, which disables fallback to standard Drupal messages if no JS has been detected (for example in case of Pressflow, which dropped "has_js" cookie completely),
- displays devel messages as standard Drupal messages.
hook_messages_alter($messages)- allows other modules to update messages before they are displayed,
hook_message_types_alter($message_types)- allows other modules to add new messages types in addition to default ones used by Drupal (status, warning and error) - useful for setting message automatic dismiss time in module configuration.
- download/checkout and enable the module,
- grant permissions to relevant roles to access and/or administer absolute messages.
Displaying Status Messages from drupal_set_message() provides a list of similar modules together with very rough comparison of their features.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1276 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,334
- Last modified: May 11, 2012